Status
Please reply by conversation.

brotherhood

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
97w/55n
hi guys
i'm getting ready for winter up here in canada,should i use pam on my dishs so the snow just slides on?.
thanks

I am testing rain shield on a couple of my dishs. So far it seems to make a difference as to how the rain beads and comes off of the dish. Cant wait to see how well it works this winter.

Pam is cooking oil. While it is effective for reducing snow accumulation, it can attract bears.

You could use their labor for free; bear paws scratching across the front of the dish will likely remove any accumulated snow, but tend to break off LNBF support arms and in general cause the dish to need realignment!

mikekohl said:
Pam is cooking oil. While it is effective for reducing snow accumulation, it can attract bears.

You could use their labor for free; bear paws scratching across the front of the dish will likely remove any accumulated snow, but tend to break off LNBF support arms and in general cause the dish to need realignment!

:) Ha Ha! :)

I read Pete's review yesterday.. Nice review and great photos..

Actually, I thought it was pretty expensive until reading the review..

It probably works great for snow but it rarely snows here anyways. It definately wouldn't work with our rain here either as you'll get a huge black cloud come over and lose the signal way before the first rain drop hits the dish.

I was always curious how much water sitting on the dish affects the signal, I might have to get the water hose out next time I've got the TV on the porch.

digiblur said:
It probably works great for snow but it rarely snows here anyways.

So don't buy it!

It definately wouldn't work with our rain here either as you'll get a huge black cloud come over and lose the signal way before the first rain drop hits the dish.

Definately would not work on clouds :) Rain Shield will ONLY help by keeping the dish and LNBF BONE dry and stopping snow sticking to it!

I was always curious how much water sitting on the dish affects the signal, I might have to get the water hose out next time I've got the TV on the porch.

Good idea, MANY satellite professionals have tried it before and seen that it works, not just guessing. Its ALMOST as if you don't want it to work :)

Wonder why?

Other than the really dark clouds, it does work when it rains. I have it on 3 of my dishes and the one that isn't covered (StarChoice dish) went out before my G10 dish did

We get lots of snow here in Minnesota so I'm kinda looking forward to see how it works in snow :)

Iceberg said:
Other than the really dark clouds, it does work when it rains. I have it on 3 of my dishes and the one that isn't covered (StarChoice dish) went out before my G10 dish did

We get lots of snow here in Minnesota so I'm kinda looking forward to see how it works in snow :)

WOW! Someone who does not have to just GUESS and HOPE it does not work :)!

As I mentioned above a MAJOR satellite dish manufacturer just signed up to market and rename the product! Said they have been waiting on a product like this for YEARS!

So lets review, who actually has seen and USES the product........

ME. PSB

Iceberg

Sadoun (Who sell it direct! GOLD sponsor)

Scott the owner of this forum bought a case!

DrHydro (As mentioned above)

A VERY large Professional satellite dish maker just bought a BARREL of the product!

Thousands of VERY happy users all over the country........

I rest my case :)

vurbano said:
Pam works. Just spray it right before it snows. Of course a broom works too.

Also washes right off! Rain Shield is on there for the WHOLE season!

I use a broom for C-Band :)

I was sitting in a Sports bar in Charlotte NC. just a few days ago when it suddenly started to rain HEAVY ! ! ALL the TV's started pixelating and went off for around 30 minutes!

If I owned a sports bar I would take a few minutes a season to apply Rain Shield and they would have BONE dry dish even in the heaviest down pours resulting in far less pixalization outages and in most cases the total elimination of Rain Fade!

Next morning (Still raining) I asked MANY Rain Shield customers if they had lost their picture.................. "NO"!

FACT, not a guess :)

Iceberg said:

I also do here in central Maine.. Back when I had Primestar I would send one of my nurses out in 2-3' of snow to clean it off.. They would have loved this, Hahaha..

PSB said:
I use a broom for C-Band :)

Did that at the radio station when we had our old location in West Palm Beach. Our dishes we're mounted amongst a bunch of trees that dropped leaves all the time and blocked our programs. So...out I went to the station's backyard and brushed the leaves off the BUD.

Also, watch out for bees, they love to build their nests in the C-band feedhorn. Won't quite get a signal that way, but you will have some sticky honey all over the place.

I think the bees we're liberal bees, didn't like our conservative radio talk shows.

P.S. Keep the PAM cooking spray for your morning eggs and bacon only. Not unless if you wanna fry eggs and bacon on your dish. I know, bad joke.

Has anyone tried car wax? I remember this being discussed years ago on a Dishnetwork forum, but can't remember if it worked.

I'm in Iowa, where we get a fair amount of snow, and don't find it to be much of a problem. I've had Dishnetwork since they began and FTA for two years, and in all that time maybe I've had to brush wet, sticky snow out of the dish three times.

I've found clouds take the signal out before any rain starts, and nothing is going to help that... so does Rain Shield work best in non-thunderstorm rain?

PSB said:
So don't buy it!

Definately would not work on clouds :) Rain Shield will ONLY help by keeping the dish and LNBF BONE dry and stopping snow sticking to it!

Nahh... no need to buy it. It hasn't snowed here in over 4 years and that was barely enough to cover the ground.

Nothing other than a bigger dish will stop the rainfade here in LA, as I like I said earlier, the signal fades before the rain starts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)