Panama City, FL DMA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
As a current E* sub I am looking at alternative to switch too. I am sick of all the Dish network crap that is going on with equip fees, disputes, false advertisements, etc. My question is when will D* have local channels for the Panama City, FL DMA?

Yes, but it looks like a paltry offering, only two channels in hd, four over all. There is a look up on the Directv website.

Yes, but it looks like a paltry offering, only two channels. There is a look up on the Directv website.

Yah i see that, only offering CBS, and NBC out of NY which makes no since to me. I am able to receive CBS OTA no problem but NBC no. If anything I would think that FOX and NBC would be the NY feeds they would offer. Can anyone explain. With DISH I dont get CBS period nor do I have the option to get a national feed either.

In some markets Directv doesnt carry the local stations. With permission from the existing locals, they (D*) can offer NY feeds.
So with the PC market there is no CBS local (it comes from Dothan, AL) so technically you qualify for CBS. The NBC station (owned by same folks as Dothan CBS) gave permission for RIGHT NOW to let you have NBC from NY. Once D* launches PC locals (tentatively set for 2011) then you'll get the local station
Fox & ABC have not given the OK to do this thats why you dont get thsoe
PBS is the national feed. CW is from Washington DC

From another thread here is what the press article says (from the 1st batch they did this)

In the interim, starting tomorrow, June 16, DIRECTV will be providing Distant Networks where: 1) there is no local station or 2) where there is a local station available, but based on waivers granted by the local broadcasters Distant Networks can be provided temporarily.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)