Satellite Internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marquitos306

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Fort Meade
I'm thinking about getting satellite dish for my internet due than I live out in the country. Cant I hooked up to my DVR and watch vdo?

I have Hughesnet it took 3hrs to download a 1 1/2 hr movie. Plus there is also a download threshold and if you exceed it they slow you down to dialup speed for 24hrs. You can get your download speed back immediately, they give you 1 freebie per month then charge you $5. after that each time you exceed the threshold. But that's your option. After I use my free one I just sit at dialup until they return me to normal. If you want to download VOD (or anything else) between 2 and 7 AM there is no Fair Access Policy and it doesn't count against you.

Satellite Internet is a mixed bag of potential problems with caps on data downloads (FAP) speed issues and latency.

I had Hughesnet for over two years and learned to hate it-VoIP phone service won't work,real time games don't work,speeds got very slow after 5pm each day,HTTPS secure browsing was painfully slow.

Yes it's better than dial up but it's expensive and at times sluggish.

I used that zip (didn't know if you wanted to post your address) and it shows Comcast H/S all over that zip code; city and county-wide. There should be even DSL-lite availability too. Where are you specifically?

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 85
I called Comcast they advised to stop by the office Monday, because the service is available in the area.

If you can't get Comcast or any other cable/dsl/fixed wireless, a better option than satellite would be Verizon USB modem and get a cradlepoint router. There is a 5gb cap but works 58911845x's better than satellite...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts