Panasat 9200HD Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, maybe this will help me on the G28 channels. Now, I am a little backward on this. Where do I find the PCR-PID and how do I change it on my receiver. Dennis
The quickest way to look at the PID's, is to click the "i" button twice. That will show the PID's.
Menu, Installation, Password, Satellite Setup, Advanced & TP Scan, PID Scan, Right Arrow, OK, Enter numbers for each PID, and OK. Then click "Start Scan" at bottom of page. This is what I consider a Manual Scan....

Thanks for all the help and info also everyone.:)

I cleaned out all the transponders but one on each satellite. That helped greatly with it wanting to lock up but the 1216 Pansat software has issues still with G-18 channels.

I got the 1205 Pansat software to load and it cleared up the problem on G-18 and I now get all the channels. This software has some issues also and I am not using the PVR part of the receiver yet. Overall the older software for me is working out to be the better one of the 2 buggy verisons.

I am in communiction with the dealer and will pass on all the reports here, maybe we can help pansat with getting this working better on the next sofware update.

Sounds like they do not get much for reports back or they do not care.

By the way, where do you find the PID's for G28. I went to the list at G28 but did not see the PID's for the 28 RTN channels. Dennis

Disregar the previous post. I figured out the PID's information. That doesn't seem to be a problem with my receiver on G28. But I did have some channels out of sync on G18 and found the PID's on those channels were off. I corrected that. So thanks for the information. I think my box is just having software issues. So if anyone can point me to the 1205 software let me know. Not the one that Iceberg has a few post up. When I tried to load that one it says invalied or corrupt. Dennis

I gave that software posted here in this thread a try and it worked with my box.

Pansat has new software out for the 9200. Tried it but they did not fix the issues with G-18 yet.

They also fail to return calls along with the dealer. But the dealer is most likely waiting for them to call him back.

They must not get much feed back. They work to fix the PVR issues but half of the channels on the most popular FTA satellite are not working with the software change they make. Makes me wonder who they are supporting.:mad:

Oh my I ordered a 9200HD w/1216 today. I wish I had seen this thread first. A $400 STB with all these problems is the last thing I need. What would be a better HD choice?

The Pansat has some good points, overall I have started to like it with the old software in it (1205). I would never recommend it to someone new to FTA. If they ever get the software issues worked out it would make a great receiver. The customer support is their but poor.

I do not want to come off as a whiner here. I really wanted to try and help let them know at Pansat that they have an issue with th current software, in hopes it would help all the 9200 out here. I told them others here have issues with the newest software. Maybe they know by now but the the technician still has not called back as they said he would.

Some more info.

Today I talked to the Dealer. He said it was ok to pass on this info here.

If you have a 9200HD Pansat you can contact Robert at GoSatellite. They are a sponsor here.

Robert would like to hear from you about this issue with G-18 Channels.
Even if you did not buy the receiver from them.

He may be able to then pass it on the Pansat that they need to look into this issue and they might listen to him better.

GoSatellite has been great to deal with and they want to make sure this gets fixed.

Last edited:
Pansat told me they got a receiver to do the same thing and they are working on it at this time now.

GoSatellite sent a disk with my receiver and I found out today that it has version 1208 on it.
I tested it and ver 1208 works very well so far today. No issues with G-18 channels missing and its a little less buggy than ver 1205.

If it is needed I can post it here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)