Pandora On HR44 - Songs End Abruptly?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D Bone

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
United States
Hello all, on my HR44 using Pandora 1 (Paid) after about 10 minutes, all songs will end early and abruptly. It doesn't matter the channel and it only happens on my DTV app. All other Pandora apps with my different equipment works perfectly. I have performed a restart a couple of times to no avail.

I use Pandora a lot, and this just recently (last couple of weeks) started to happen...... Anyone else or am I the lucky one?

Hello all, on my HR44 using Pandora 1 (Paid) after about 10 minutes, all songs will end early and abruptly. It doesn't matter the channel and it only happens on my DTV app. All other Pandora apps with my different equipment works perfectly. I have performed a restart a couple of times to no avail.

I use Pandora a lot, and this just recently (last couple of weeks) started to happen...... Anyone else or am I the lucky one?
I haven't used Pandora much lately, I'll check when I get home .... your saying all other devices your using Pandora on are working fine ?

Maybe it's a software issue , not sure, just thinking if it just started happening.
Do you know what software your running on the 44 ?

Mine does the same thing. If you hit pause and play it usually restarts. I finally gave up and use the Pandora on my Onkyo receiver or the TV.

Testing now ...

edit:

Yup, doing the same here ...
1st song played, the second cut off, 3rd song played all the way thru, 4th song cut off, 5th song played all the way thru.

Go figure ...

Btw, HR44-500

Last edited:
Well, as they say, careful what you wish for you just may get it. I hoped a new software update would roll out and fix Pandora, but instead, the new software (0xa72) made it worse, much worse............ It is completely unlistenable now. Not the end of the world for me as I have a plethora of Pandora choices in my home theater, but still annoying as heck.

It might not be the Genie's fault. I have the same issue on only one of my Roku's and my iPad. However, my cellphone and my Hopper doesn't have the issue. I never really looked into it.

I have Pandora on many other devices as well (I just counted 13) and my DTV is the only device affected. After having the issue, I checked each of them to verify. Oh well, nothing's perfect.

There is an open caddie alert for this issue currently. I meant to post this a couple days ago. It's a known issue and is being looked in to. It's the famous "known and working on it" lol

Reactions: D Bone
Middle of November and they still don't have the Pandora thing fixed, I don't listen to it all that often, but turned it on this morning and it plays thru most songs but I'd say 3 out of 10 have cut off mid way thru the song.

Q. If I have Pandora thru D ...
Do I have to remember register for my Roku to use the Pandora on it ....

I'm not 100% sure of your question, but on my Roku3 I only had to sign in and register my Pandora app once, same as with the app on my HR44. The Roku app works flawlessly, as does the app on my Samsung TV, Sony BD player, other Sony BD player, Panny BD player and Sammy Galaxy 4 phone. Only the DTV app is flawed.

Reactions: ejb1980
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts