Pansat 150M opinion please?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Got this ariza 700 work well but still pansat guy and am looking into pansat 150M until decide to get a Pansat 9200 but no hd content of interest for me yet.

I see 150M and 250SM are smillar in spec's any ideas one the best one to get.
PVR feature is not selling point for me mostly interested smart search(blind scan) feature.
I like both cannot really decide on one.

Pansat 150M

http://www.pansatusa.com/150m.htm

Pansat 250SM

http://www.pansatusa.com/250sm.htm

Last edited:
My hands-off opinion of these receivers.

All I know is from what I read (and I read quite a bit last year when I was interested in a receiver), and my own personal conclusion is that the Pansat 250sm was an ill conceived product while the Pansat 150m was a stop-gap measure to fill some gaping holes in Pansat's product line.

That said, it looks like the newer Pansat 4500 is a solid standard definition receiver. It's more powerful than the 150m for your blind scanning. And it couldn't possibly be more buggy than the 250sm.

I feel kinda silly posting this having not used these things, but I was sorta in the same boat you were in a year ago, and did some research on these things and ended up passing on those Pansats. Instead, I impulsively got a Conaxsat Nano (poor, can't even find all the channels on AMC4), later got a Visionsat IV200 (very nice, but not reliable enough for my purposes) and ended up spending the $15 to get my old Fortec Lifetime Ultra fixed.

If I was in the same place this year, I'd seriously consider the Pansat 4500. Looks like it could be a winner.

Or find an old Coolsat 5000 off ebay or something.

Coolsat is very nice but rather stick with pansat's just like the way things work on them.
Wish i could find old 2700A or 2800A but what's wrong 150M anyway?

What issues did others have with 150M or 250SM?

I like buying local and cannot find anyone in my area that stock's 4500 but seem to be very nice unit on paper at least.

I have both the 150 & 250 and other then cosmetic differences and that the 150 doesn't have a universal remote they are the same receiver and even use the same firmware.Overall i am pretty happy with both of them.

DO they both have a PVR option? I thought they claimed that in both

Most Pansats use the same firmware setup. My 1500, 2500 and when I owned them

all had the same menu setup and look

Yes they both have the pvr option.Correct pansat's pretty much use the same look and feel in there receivers and the 150/250 menu looks like the 9200 with some menu options removed.You could load the same firmware on a 1500 & 2500?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)