Pansat 2500 & Motor Settings?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnockZilla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Can anybody explain the settings for the Pansat 2500 using USALS. I looked in the manual for the Pansat and the directions are vague. I'm set for SBS6 my most south sat. I set the L & L. For me it is 75W 40N. I have no idea what the "Reference Position" is for or what it does. After I put my L & L in it moves my dish back East 1 degree and my signal drops. Does anybody have any idea why it does that and how to compensate for it other than getting back on the roof and moving the dish/motor to the west 1 degree to bring the signal back up? Please Help, I'm tired of going up and down the ladder......

SnockZilla said:
Does anybody have any idea why it does that and how to compensate for it other than getting back on the roof and moving the dish/motor to the west 1 degree to bring the signal back up? Please Help, I'm tired of going up and down the ladder......

You are a little off on your pointing, but that is no big deal.

Just change your location. Change your USALS location setting to 69.9W or maybe 69.8W 40N. Thats what I did. Or you can edit your SBS6 sat to 74.1W. That should do it too!

Reference is just 0'.

Reference Position Question

Should I reference every sat, only SBS6 or none of them?

You really don't need to use reference once you get your South sat dialed in. Especially if you use USALS.

It just sends the motor back to the zero position.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts