Pansat 250sm ac3 audio help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good deal, glad that Pansat was responsive and finally fixed the problem. Should make some of their customers very happy.

Well, it's sort of working. Yes, the AC3 sound is now passed to the optical port. BUT, non-AC3 sound shows mixed results. Some sound is passed through the optical port, some through RCA R/L, and almost none through coax.

No sound, for example, is passed for any channels, with the exception of the California Channel and NYS Legislature on AMC1-C via coax or RCA. I e-mailed Pansat with the question about the non-AC3 sound issues. Their response was that they tested their equipment with RCA and it worked OK. No reference to coax.

So signal passed via coax to other rooms remain soundless with this firmware version. I guess I am now in the market for a new receiver (probably not Pansat). I've read many reviews, but am wondering if anyone can provide personal, positive receiver experience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

I like the Visionsat IV-200, but it is no longer manufactured. You might find one on E-Bay. You can't beat it for a standard definition receiver, plus it has PVR capability...

Thanks, Tron. I have scoured all known sources for a Visionsat, but cannot find one. I read in the forum that the Coolsat 7100 is similar and received favorable comments. Do you know whether the Coolsat 7100 Micro PVR that is available from several dealers is the same as the Coolsat 7100 that has been discussed in the forum?

I personally don't have (nor have I ever seen or played with) a Coolsat 7100, so I can't recommend it based on experience (I have none). However, from what I've heard, it is very similar to the Visionsat IV-200 (the Coolsat 7100 uses a rear USB port instead of a front panel port like the Visionsat). You may also want to check out SatelliteAV's line of GeoSat DVR receivers, as Brian was involved in the development of the Visionsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)