Pansat 3500 Vs ViewSat VS2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
Hi all. I am NEW at this FTA world. THe most I have ever done is install a Dish Network dish myself and that is it. I want to get a channel that is located at PAS 3R at 43.1°W. I live in Tampa Fl (zip 33612). I got a 10 foot mesh dish with everything (I removed it myself from my friend's house). Now I need to buy a receiver. I have been reading a lot and do not where to start. I got all the pieces at my house just waiting and I think I need to start buying the reciever. I read the Iceberg reviews about the 2 boxes above and I was just a click away to buy the VS2000 when I decided to open this thread. Any help I will appreciate it. I want to do C band, but if possible in the future I would like to do Ku too when I learn more. Which receiver is better?

I plan to setup the dish (I mean put the pole and mount the dish) this weekend. I read a guide on how to set it right, I hope I can do it. BUt reading some other information it said that for international satellites which I think the one I want to get is, I will need a different mover. I got the dish from my friend and it comes with a mover which is a long piece. The other mover for international satellites they were talking about in some of the info I read is diferent. I think it says It will be able to turn the dish all the way or something like that. Will my mover works? Again, it is a regular mover arm (long metal pipe).

Can someone recommend a guide on how to install a C-Band dish? I read one but it is very technical and got lost in some parts of it.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome :wave
Hi all. I am NEW at this FTA world. THe most I have ever done is install a Dish Network dish myself and that is it. I want to get a channel that is located at PAS 3R at 43.1°W. I live in Tampa Fl (zip 33612). I got a 10 foot mesh dish with everything (I removed it myself from my friend's house). Now I need to buy a receiver. I have been reading a lot and do not where to start. I got all the pieces at my house just waiting and I think I need to start buying the reciever. I read the Iceberg reviews about the 2 boxes above and I was just a click away to buy the VS2000 when I decided to open this thread. Any help I will appreciate it. I want to do C band, but if possible in the future I would like to do Ku too when I learn more. Which receiver is better?

Both will do KU and C-Band. There isn’t much free on Pas3R.
I personally would get a 3500. In my mind, its much easier to setup than a Viewsat. The Viewsat is a nice unit, but the 3500 is much more user friendly

Hi Iceberg. I was about to buy this PanSat 3500 but someone told me it would not move my dish using my mover. I also call the seller on the web and they told me it would not move it. Is there a way to know if a receiver will move my dish? 10 feet dish.

will it move the dish without a C-band receiver? NO

There's an item that does move a C-band through the receivers. I don't think any of them will control the motor by itself

Hopefully somweone with a C-Band setup can chime in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)