Pansat 3500s constantly returns to reference position

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinsix

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
My mother in law loves to switch between T5 and G3, which I gather are only a bit apart. However, sometimes when she does this, the dish decides to reset back to reference position of due South. I usually think it is because she is flipping the channels too frequently (she is a bit impatient) but was wondering if it might be a symptom of something else.

Anyone else have any ideas? Is it possible to switch the reference position to T5 so if it decides to do this it won't have far to go?

I think I've had this phenomena with my Pansat 6000. If the dish was moving and you tried to change channels to a different satellite ( a satellite other than the one the motor is turning to at that moment) it gets confused and goes back to ref.

I haven't played around with the motor a lot, but this sounds veeeerry familiar and I think you hit the nail on the head already.

T5 and G3 are right next door to each other (97 & 95) so it is very possible

My TS is IA6 (next door to G3) and my Pansat has done some crazy things like that too :)

I've noticed two things:

1) the move / move combination. I've actually found that in the first say 3 seconds of locking into a station, if you change channels, you get this bug.

2) More random and unexplained occurances where it will change birds, and then play about 5 seconds of content before losing it all.

In a few days I'm going to go out and check the dish (plumb, tighten bolts, etc) as the winter seems to have moved the dish a bit (slightly lower quality all around).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)