Pansat 3500s Update usining SD slot(att.Iceberg)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glenn2

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Pansat 3500s Update using SD slot(att.Iceberg)

When updating the Pansat 3500s using the secure digital slot am I right in assuming that all you have to do is unzip the update file to the SD card, and then insert the card in the 3500s. Then telling the Pansat from the menu which file it is and upgrade?
What confuses me is the file comes packed along with a loader, which I believe is used if you upgrade using the serial port.

Thanks for any help.
Ron

Yes, you are correct. You can load the file from the SD card. I made a directory on my card called NEWROM and placed the update in that directory. Just select that directory with the remote and you should see the file you copied to that directory. Select it and you are on your way.

The loader program is for updating the ROM using a PC.

Xevious2K have you updated your's to the new firmware?
Pansat does not give much of a version history.
By the way I appreciate the response.
Ron

Yes, I haven't noticed any great differences from 1.08 to 1.10. The only difference that I have seen is a slightly more stable level meter.

Pansat isn't the greatest when it comes to documentation. :)

Anytime, that's what we are here for.

Jarhead84-90 said:
Pansat firmware can be gotten from their download site.

http://www.pansatusa.com/download.htm

They only have the most current version on their site, so I always keep my older versions in case something is buggy.

Older versions - anyone know where to obtain them as i made the mistake of not backing up my previous version and downloaded and installed there latest version 1.20N from the site and now things are very flaky. The one thing that bothers me is they don't tell you the version number. you have to D/L and UN-zip and look at the file name. There's got to be a better way. :flag:

Status
Please reply by conversation.