Pansat 3500SD - "b-70" on Display

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
On my new Pansat 3500SD, I noticed that b-70 shows up on the receiver's display for a few seconds whenever I flip on the receiver's rear power switch. I've read that the b-70 can indicate some type of error with the firmware, however the receiver seems to be working without any problems. Out of curiosity, I re-installed the latest firmware (which I downloaded directly from Pansat) which I installed when I first received the receiver, but after doing so, I still had the b-70 message appear for a few seconds at power-up. I've also tried re-installing the original factory firmware, but I also get the b-70 message with the original firmware. Any suggestions?

I think B-70 just means its booting up.

My Neosat when I do that power on with switch says "P-10" every time. my Pansat 1500 I can't see if it does that because there is no diaplay on the unit (just a red/green dot)

I did a quick google search on "pansat b 70 error", it seems like that indicates a corrupted file on the reciever. You might want to redownload and reinstall the factory software, as your last download could have been corrupted. Could also be caused by a corrupted channel file. I wonder if channel master has messed up the channel file?
Hope this helps

drhydro said:
You might want to redownload and reinstall the factory software, as your last download could have been corrupted. Could also be caused by a corrupted channel file. I wonder if channel master has messed up the channel file?

I did try re-installing the original firmware that came with my receiver (I backed it up before overwriting it with the latest version), as well as re-downloading the latest firmware .bin from Pansat and re-installing it, and I still had the b-70 message after re-installing both. As the receiver seems to be working properly, I wonder if, as Iceberg said, this may be part of the normal booting process. I also Googled "b-70" and came up with the same results as you regarding corrupt files.

While I was thinking that my channel listing from Channel Master may have somehow contributed to the error, I found that upgrading the firmware appears to overwrite any TP entries with the default factory TP listings and deletes any channels that may have been scanned.

I think it's as Ice suggested and it's part of the programming. Everytime I use the cut-off switch on the back, when I cut it back on, I get this same message. I don't think anything is wrong, it's like Ice said, it's booting up. Now, if it starts doing this without you using the switch, then it might be a problem.

Al

Edit: And, I might add, mine has overheated a couple of times and rebooted, with that same message. Now, I don't think it's a concern, since I've had mine for 13-14 months. And, it's only done that a couple of times. Neither time, anytime close to each other, very far apart (in time). And, I was actively using the remote for hours of doing what we do in FTA. Sometimes we need to chill out. If not for ourselves, then for our precious receivers.

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for confirming that voomvoom. Next time someone asks i will know the answer ;-)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)