Pansat 9200 - Alaska North 360 ac3 audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lucky53

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
This is the only channel I can't get ac3 audio on ..Pansat doesn't have a 5 digit manual entry for audio ..like my CS 5K..Any ideas ..Thanks.

on The List here, it shows audio pid of 52. Why would you need 5 digits?

edit : Just checked it>APID52 works on my Mercury 2 for AC3 sound.

on The List here, it shows audio pid of 52. Why would you need 5 digits?

edit : Just checked it>APID52 works on my Mercury 2 for AC3 sound.

Have 52 entered..doesn't work..the problem I think is these channels have to be enterd manually as they won't scan in and the pansat won't pick up the ac3 audio on it ...all the rest of the satellites are fine..
The 5 digit ac3 audio pids work for the cs5k,where you can enter them manually..which is a nice feature...Thanks for the reply.

Have you removed and rescanned the channel? I have a Pansat 1500 & 2500 and both scan it in just fine (the ac-3 pid)

Coolsat uses some funky conversion to ac-3 channels and they need a 5 digit input. You could do it via Channelmaster but the 9200 doesnt work with CM :(

Have you removed and rescanned the channel? I have a Pansat 1500 & 2500 and both scan it in just fine (the ac-3 pid)

Coolsat uses some funky conversion to ac-3 channels and they need a 5 digit input. You could do it via Channelmaster but the 9200 doesnt work with CM :(

I removed the channel..went to advanced/ tp scan on the 9200 and did a manual enter put in the pids..51..52..51 and rescanned..no audio..just picture

Strange my 9200 will not play the AC-3 either. When I use my Pansat 3500s the AC-3 audio plays through my HT system. The 9200 will not.

Nothing works for me, smart scan, transponder scan or advanced scan. Smart scan will pickup the transponder but will not scan in the channel. Transponder scan will not scan in the channel. By entering the pids under advanced scan the channel scans in but no audio. There is another channel in that mux that will not scan in either the the only way to get it in is by entering the pids under advanced scan, it shows as GCI 1 in The List, Then it scans in with audio but it's not AC-3

weird. There are 3 channels and should log in as (on a Pansat...at least on my 1500 they do)
TV7 which is GCI 1 (normal audio)
TV8 which is 360 North (AC-3 audio)
TV9 which is usually just color bars (AC-3 audio)

There are 6 Anchorage locals on that TP too but they are COMPEL encrypted so on a scan most receivers wont log the channels.

It may take up to 3 minutes for the channels to log in. Coolsat 8000 takes almost a minute and Pansat takes almost 3 minutes to log the channels in

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)