pansat 9200 hd question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GoTexans

Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
houston,Texas
ok, I have done alot of reading and still a bit confused, here is my question.

I have bought a used pansat 9200 with the hd board installed, got a great deal on it. I started using it last night on a 36" motorized dish with linear lnb. I am aligned well in the arc, getting a 90 plus quality on sats from 72-123, but I dont know if It is scanning hd or not.

On the option it wont allow me to change from dvd s to the dvd s2 scan. I know the board is installed because of the ports on the back of the receiver. I scanned alot of feeds last night, but they all said 480 on the info and some had sound but no pics. I dont see why it wont allow me to change the scan option and have no knowledge yet of hd. I know it wont get 4:2:2, but isnt there regular hd on ku band feeds that the pansat is supposed to pick up?

Thanks

ok, without the correct board, or without a board at all, does it get regular hd feeds or is it just the same as a pansat 4500?

chances are you have the wrong board....it is most likely a hacker board made to pickup providers 8PSK TPs....you need the DVB-S2 board....

Most likely the add on board is the illuminati turboPSK and the firmware is hackerware. For S2 reception you'll need the DVB-S2 Premium Kit(Replacement model for DVB-S2 Plus) and also install the latest firmware 9200HD (PVR) Latest factory firmware is version 1229, Aug 19 2010.
A common problem with this box is heat. One or two "muffin" fans on the top to suck out the hot air really does work.

Most likely the add on board is the illuminati turboPSK and the firmware is hackerware. For S2 reception you'll need the DVB-S2 Premium Kit(Replacement model for DVB-S2 Plus) and also install the latest firmware 9200HD (PVR) Latest factory firmware is version 1229, Aug 19 2010.
A common problem with this box is heat. One or two "muffin" fans on the top to suck out the hot air really does work.
Hey FaT Air...do you notice any difference between v1226 and the new v1229?? Thanks..

Do I notice any difference between 1226 and 1229, No, Not really. I get fewer lock-ups now, but I've also been deleting all unused TP's and channels from memory. Can't say if 1229 also helped in this regard. 1229 came out around when I was in the middle of completely rescanning the arc with just selected TP's. Some where I read that it should improve Smart Scan speed. I don't think it did. Others have said that it was just an update to the preloaded TP's. I think it was the Tp's. I didn't check as was busy with my project.

OK thanks..Noticed mine is much better since iinstalling a fan to keep it cooler..I actually enjoy this stb..

The original Pansat DVB-S2 board I bought & installed could manually tune DVB-S2, but not smart scan. I recently bought the Premium Kit and can now smart scan DVB-S2 as well. So maybe it has a Pansat card, but the old one.

P.S. re HD - I've always been able to smart scan DVB-S HD, just not DVB-S2 HD.

Sorry to jump in here guys, just got a Pansat 9200hd from a friend for a very cheaper price. Problems is that it has the Illuminati s2 board. I'm ready to go ahead and order me a original Pansat 9200HD Premium kit. Problem is that pansatusa doesnt sell the kit or I haven't being able to get to the order area. Can someone that has already ordered the kit point me to the right place????? Thanks

My Personal review

Finally received mine. Unfurtunally it has the illuminati board thus no DVB S2 can be tune in my C/KU Band system. So I went ahead and did the programation for my system. Here are some of my findings and not doing the S2 evaluation:

-The unit get extremelly HOT (twice the heat of my Coolsat 8000HD generates)
-The unit software (latest from Pansat 1229 100818) doesnt sort all the new TPs added
in numerical order with the existing ones. All the new Tps added are at the end of the
list. My Coolsat 8000HD do it and this is a very helpful tool in order to keep track of
new Tps added for scanning purposes.
-The unit is similar to the CS5000 platinum which doesnt open or download channels with
low quality % (All my other boxes CW600,700 Sonicview 4000
and Coolsat 8000HD open such channels without any problems or pixels.
-The unit is extremelly slower changing channel to channel specially when moving from
non HD channels to HD (compare to my Coolsat 8000HD).

So finally I'm very dissapointed:mad: with the performance of this box after reading so many reviews and people looking for it. For me its not worthy to go ahead and order the Pansat Original Premium Kit for S2 with so many minus findings. My CS8000HD will remain my favorite :)eventhough I'll keep doing the Blindscan with my Cs5000 and copying the TP s to it and the Pansat will probably end in E-bay.:up

Yeah, without an S2 board, it's just another HD receiver. And there are better ones out there. I ran a 9200 with the S2+ bd for a few years. It had it's quirks, heat being #1, but served me well. Recently got an Openbox (hard to beat the price) to take the primary slot here. It's got some (minor) issues, but operation has been very good so far.

I bought a 9200HD with Illuminati board from ebay. I removed the Illuminati board [less heat after removal]. I have never had it run 'hot', but it has good ventilation above the unit. It runs a little warmer than my 4DTV 922. I have it on 24/7. It gets the PBS HD on 125W just fine, and the 720i ABC on 99W. I really like mine. Maybe I am just lucky... I don't have a lot of satellites or transponders loaded. Seems to run quick for me, I have about 50 channels in my list, an dI keep the list short by eliminating channels that scan in which I have no desire to watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)