Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Either I'm losing it or I can't search properly today. Didn't labgate and some others do a review on the Pansat 9200?

I'm about done waiting for the Passion and was thinking of grabbing a 9200, but outside of the guys from the seven seas sites, I can't find a review of the motor and blindscan.

That must be all I can find then. I thought I saw long review of it, but maybe I am getting that confused with another receiver.
Either way for the price, the HD, Blindscan and motor controls seem to be right in line. I just wanted to go over it again to make sure I remember correctly.

How many HD feeds are available currently? I wonder if the $400 price is really worth it for only a few channels. Most people can probably get the same networks OTA in HD for free. I live 30+ miles from the locals and just use my roof antenna just fine.

I would wait a little longer for these receivers to drop in price. As I remember the 9200 quickly replaced the 9000. I bet those buyers wished they waited. Seems like everything HD is going down month by month.

Yep, sports baby! Hockey especially for me.

Anyone happen to know the status of the 9200's DVB-S2 capabilities? I thought there was an update that turned on the functionality, but how well it works is in ?. Now that there are a few S2 channels on this side of the planet it would be nice to know.

Well, I bit the bullet just moments ago and got a 9200 coming my way (from a trusted ebay seller I've dealt with on many sat equipment purchases.) and I got it for $350 shipped, so prices are coming down.

Probably won't be here until next week with the extended weekend coming up, but I plan to use this on my motorized setup. I'll try to provide feedback as much as I can after I get it up and running. I'm just glad I won't be missing any more HD hockey :)

I think you'll find it works pretty good. I got mine for about the same price. I still have not received a reply from Pansat on wheather or not they can (or will ) add 4:2:2 support to it.
It has very good blindscan (called Smart Scan) and motor control ( SG2100 in my case) seems to be better than my Pansat 2700a. Both HD and SD video are very good.
I think for the price, it's a decent receiver.
I too gave up waiting on the Passion and opted for the 9200HD.
Hope you enjoy your new toy.
grusome

Good morning, does the 9200 have PVR functions? we now have a coolsat 8100 not happy with it at all, looking at the 9200 thanks

Stiffy, just wondering why you aren't happy with your coolsat? I'm a big sports fan so I'm looking at HD receivers now.

alex, if you're asking how to steal, you've come to the wrong place. If you want to get legitimate HD, you will need to get a larger dish. 30" or larger for PBS HD and occassional Sports feeds from Ku-Band, or an 8' or larger dish for reliable Network feeds and occassional sports feeds from C-Band. You will also need a Linear Ku LNB and/or a Linear C-Band LNB, a Dishnet LNB is usually a Circular LNB. Using a Dish Network dish makes it look like you are a possible Hacker. Hackers are not welcome. If you have been watching Dish Network with a Pansat of any kind, you must be a Hacker?

Al

Al

Using a Dish Network dish makes it look like you are a possible Hacker. Hackers are not welcome. If you have been watching Dish Network with a Pansat of any kind, you must be a Hacker?

yep..he was...his 2nd post was a dead giveaway

Well, my 9200 is due to arrive today. Hopefully I'll have time to play tonight and get it setup.

If anyone would like me to try some stuff, let me know in this thread and I'll try to address anything I can and try to write a review this weekend.

I recall from the Dr. Dish review a while back that he stated channel changes were not to swift. I'd like to hear your opinion once you're up an running.

Well, kymics, it's only been a couple hours, but I have no issues with the channel changes.

PQ is very nice, working well and I'm scanning away. functions very similar to my old 3500sd.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)