Pansat 9200HD Issues 9/17/10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

homeyg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
USA
I must say first off that my less than a year old 9200HD is a POS. I have returned the unit to Pansat on two occasions (within months) for freezing and HDMI issues. Although I have owned it for less than a year, it has been barley used (install process). I "discovered" the current software upgrade 1229 by accident (not openly listed on their website) which freezes when i install. I could continue with the issues (keep in mind the install, 1 M dish, cable, motor, etc. are excellent. meters indicate excellent signal along the arc.) and have had a few moments of stability.....im in SW FL.

Issues in addition to the above:
must rescan ALL sats (G19 etc). every few days or continue to receive no signal
after a few days, while viewing programs, the unit will freeze. i reboot and get to do the above again.

Again, I rely on SGs. I'm wanting to request a return and a full refund. Any suggestions will be appreciated. :mad::rant:

I've had my 9200, with the S2+ board, for a while. Mine, as most have found, requires additional cooling. I have a muffin fan sucking air out of the top of the cover. Without this it will lock up for sure. I can also make it lock up by pushing the remote buttons too fast. Sometimes this has resulted in losing the programmed sats. But I make a backup on the USB in case this happens. I've also noticed that weak batteries in the remote can also promote lock ups. Now that I know what promotes lock ups, I've had far fewer lockups. IE: Have a fan on it. And make purposeful selections on the remote buttons, and replace the remote batteries every few months. Some have reworked the heatsinks in the 9200. http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...369-my-crazy-pansat-9200hd-2.html#post2128147

I have a fan on top and it is actually cool. I tried to update the firmware via USB and the unit becomes sluggish and will not recognize the drive. I tried multiple drives as well. After reading several posts on SGs, it seems that there are issues with these units and I understand that "Hugo" and company are not cooperative. Mine is near a year old. I plan to return to Panarex for a refund. It is a 400+ dollar POS.

Any suggestions on a better quality box with blind scan and HD (I have the 8psk board).

homeyg, if you dont get your refund maybe you could pm me what you want for your pansat. i havent played with one yet.

crackt out,.

They run real hot, solve that problem and it will work good. I love the S-2, Ac-3, and of course HD.

So you are saying look into the above mods and almost all will be well? If so, I will consider it. When the 9200HD works, it works well.

So you are saying look into the above mods and almost all will be well?
If so, I will consider it. When the 9200HD works, it works well.
... uhhh.... that's why I listed them first.... :rolleyes:
We can't help ya, if you don't read -all- our answers... - :D

I'm not a fan of the 9200.
For what you paid, you could get two SatHawks, or an Azbox and a half. - :cool:
But, if you will read through the McGuyver mods (both of them, now), then you can decide if they're for you or not.
I can't guarantee you'll be as successful as he was, of course.
But, if I found a 9200 at a yard sale for $20 or $50, I -might- get it and do the mods.
They look easy to me.

I spoke with the owner and he stated that they will swap the motherboard and it "will be like new". Here I go again...third shipment back to Panarex. I did request a free U30 remote upgrade to offset the 3X shipping costs. :)

Full Refund Requested

Just received the 9200 HD from "repair"---the fourth repair and it now has the "INIT" displayed and the USB port still does not work (within one year and all issues within the past 6 months). Reported the company to the BBB. Indicated a lawsuit will be filed in small claims if a refund is not an option. The motherboard was not replaced as agreed.

"Kim" suggested that I contact Hugo for a new replacement or refund. I spent over 150 on shipping.

Does anyone know about Openbox S9 HD and/or Dreambox DM 8000 HD PVR?

Lucky you I bought a used Pansat 9200 that broke the first week and Im afraid to send it to pansat usa becasue there might contain hack software so I have a very expensive door stop

TC-1000HD(PVR)

They offered to swap the 9200 for the TC-1000HD(PVR). Anyone have experience with this unit? Cant see much difference between the 9200 and 1000.

They offered to swap the 9200 for the TC-1000HD(PVR). Anyone have experience with this unit? Cant see much difference between the 9200 and 1000.
I have read that the TC-1000 was the replacement for the 9200!If you decide to get it make sure it has a working s2 module in it for dvb-s2 reception.I did here one review on it that claims that this model will get s2 with the module in it.Dont remember where i saw it but do a google on it.

From what I have read and found from speaking with Pansat, the TC-1000HD with board installed can do terrestrial, cable, and fta sat. Pansat stated that it is more sensitive than the 9200 and has the ability to do cable as well. There are a few sites that indicate that this is the replacement for the 9200. I will phone Hugo today and confirm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)