Pansat 9200HD PVR function

Status
Please reply by conversation.

transco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
After several tries I finally found a eSATA HDD that works with the 9200HD... sort of. When playing back a HD ATSC terrestrial recording, the FF and FR buttons are pretty much useless and usually end up locking up the receiver. When this happens the receiver says all terrestrial stations are scrambled. Do a hard power cycle and everything is back to normal. I'm guessing the 9200's CPU just isn't fast enough to handle the faster speeds. Another thing I've noticed, the first time I press the HDD button, it takes a very long time for the drive to spin up. Actually the drive spins up quickly, but the 9200 waits a long time before it will access it the first time. The question is... is this my particular receiver or HDD or does the 9200 have a problem? If someone is doing better than me, please let me know which eSATA drive or drive and enclosure you are using.

Another note... When I checked tonight, the receiver had once again 'lost' the HDD. Doing a hard power cycle (receiver) got things going again. When I checked my daily recordings I found they stopped two days ago which I guess is when the receiver flaked out (again). I certainly hope Pansat reworks there PVR firmware. As it is now, it's pretty useless.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts