Paraclipse H-to-H Reed Sensor Replacement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
No problem. Surgery complete. I had to take the whole magnet wheel assembly off the motor, to get to the backside of the wheel itself, the wheel had to be removed, to gain access to the inboard screw of the sensor.
Replaced the sensor, wired it up, put it all back together carefully, wired it back up...no problems.

I also fabbed up an "L" bracket to replace the tab I had to cut off. No issues other than making sure the bolt through the backside of the backing plate didn't contact the spokes of the mount when the dish was moving, I used a countersunk bolt and a hole that was just slightly smaller than the head of the screw.

Pics shortly. Finished product, anyway, I remembered the camera after I got it all together. :D

Thanks to all for the info and ideas. :up

Oh, and for all you cheap asses like me who were worried what the total cost would be....23.00. Because I bought TWO sensors in case I needed another one down the road. :)

Attachments

• dish1.jpg
    dish1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 139
  • dish back.jpg
    dish back.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Yea, whenever I have to order one item, I usually look through their catalog and see what else might be useful.

At lunch today, a buddy had to order $3 from DigiKey and $5 from Mauser.
Believe he said there was $7 shipping on each.
That just chaps my hide! - :mad:
Last time I suggested someone buy one LNB, I told them to buy two, for the same reason.
However, newbies don't see that far ahead...

So, with a spare sensor, you won't ever have the main one go out on your Paraclipse again, but you'll have one on the shelf for that next crazy dish you run into!
Good thinking. - :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts