Parental control?????

Voom Voom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2004
Hey all hoping you can help....
Today my brother came over and was playing with one of my stb's after he left i went to check some stuff in system settings and it asked me for a pin#... he said he didnt do anything but i cant get in.

any one know how to get around/reset the pin?

thanks

ok i just talked with him again and the only thing he said is that he changed somthing called "demo"???? ive never seen anything relating to a demo setting

grr "i want to kill him"

Call CSRs there is a way to reset the parental control or disable it. Let us know what happens as others would like to know how to do it.

Voom said:
ok i just talked with him again and the only thing he said is that he changed somthing called "demo"???? ive never seen anything relating to a demo setting

grr "i want to kill him"
There is a Demo mode in one of the hidden service menus, but I really doubt your brother would be able to get there without specific instructions. As Sean said, call CSR an ask them to reset your box.

called voom and talked to a "new" CSR she was very helpfull and had the problem taken care of in a matter of minutes (perhaps voom it actualy starting to train some of their agents)

all she did was send a hit to the box and now its all better

thanks for your help

Be careful unlocking Playboy

I have an embarrasing lttle tidbit to share. My wife and I had Playoy on before we got ready to go out. I have it locked out usually.

I found out the hard way that if you unlock it and dont turn of the box to relock it, you run the risk of your mother-in-law getting an eye full while flipping channels :eek: :shocked :eek: :shocked