Parental Lock Function

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alan Gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2003
Dawson, GA
Hey, as much as I hate to admit that I did something so stupid, earlier this year I put a "parental lock" on my Hughes HTL-HD receiver, and now I forget what the password is. I tried every password I could think of, and still no go. Does anybody have any clue as to what I can do to reset the password without knowing the password?!

Since this might not be a good thing for kids to know if they're reading the board, please Private Message me with an answer. Thanks!

~Alan

Reset

Don't wait 2 hours. Call DTV and tell them what the AC number is. They may ask for your SSN... if the account is under your wife they may be really particular and ask to speak with your wife first. ( security issues with guys ordering THOUSANDS of $$ worth of PPV ). And they can have it reset in a matter of seconds.

DTV Res Spec
white_knight_2010@yahoo.com

directvrep said:
Don't wait 2 hours. Call DTV and tell them what the AC number is. They may ask for your SSN... if the account is under your wife they may be really particular and ask to speak with your wife first. ( security issues with guys ordering THOUSANDS of $$ worth of PPV ). And they can have it reset in a matter of seconds.

I left it unplugged for (around) five hours last night. When I woke up this morning, I plugged it in and the lock, and all my settings were still in effect. I tried every code I could think of (something I have tried before) and still no luck. I then read your note, was replying to this message when I had an idea. I went to the machine and tried a couple of numbers and got it unlocked. I was glad too, as I didn't want to have to call DirecTV to reset my password.

~Alan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts