Partial recording - no storms - HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
The good wife wanted to watch the good wife and I noticed that it was a partial recording of 53 minutes. Half way through the show, it froze up - but the time line displayed the rest of the show as recorded. If I go back to the good part of the good wife about a minute before the freeze and try a 30skip it will loop back to the beginning of the segment coming out of the commercial break.

Did a receiver restart, but that didn't cure the problem. Again, the time line still displays that there is additional show left - it just won't play.

The good wife wasn't anymore :mad: until I got to cbs on the internet and pulled the rest of the show on the laptop.

Any clues on what have caused this? No storms in the area. I'm new to directv, coming from dish - is this common for something like this to happen or should I be on the lookout for a bad device? (vip722- good machine - except couldn't add a second hd to it and fees prevented adding any more additional HD equipment.)

..and hey what about tvapps unavailability..code 11. anybody have any idea? That was another reason I switched was for the eye candy and now I can't have it.

Thanks

Did you record it thru D* signal or OTA ?

There is a known issue with OTA recordings not recording.

Apps.
Is your recvr connected to the internet and pass the System test, Network connected and Internet connected ?

Recorded through *D, connected to internet, passed system test. No other issues yet. except unavailabity of tvapps. (11) I can get ondemand just fine and connect to Active. Just odd that I can see the time line, but play back stops half way through.

There was a problem with TVApps on the newest equipment H24/HR24-200 for a few months. This week DirecTV finally fixed it. Try your apps again, it's working for me. You say you just switched to D*, so maybe you got the latest equipment that had the problem with the apps.

As far as the recording goes, that's weird. I've seen it on Comcast DVR's too, where an error in the MPEG stream or encoding just confuses the heck out of the DVR and it does weird things like stops, even though it shows more program left.

The internet's a great backup for finding those occasional shows that the DVR eff's up. I haven't had too many problem recordings, unless there are severe storms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)