Paxson Gets Another Week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
By Linda Moss 4/14/2006 2:41:00 PM

DirecTV Inc. extended its agreement to continue carrying Paxson Communications Corp.’s TV stations for another week, a spokesman for the direct-broadcast satellite provider said Friday.

DirecTV is continuing to try to negotiate a settlement with Paxson, which is changing its name to Ion Media Networks Inc. June 23, pending shareholder approval.

The DBS provider filed suit against Paxson in January over the programming changes it is making to i: Independent Television, formerly Pax TV, claiming that they violated the content provisions of their affiliation agreement.

DirecTV carries both Paxson TV stations and PaxNet, a stand-alone national channel that airs Pax TV, which is doing business as Ion although the name change isn’t official yet.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6325017.html?display=Breaking+News

next week will be another and then another, etc. I wish they would just cut it off and get it over with, Paxson is not going to change anytime soon.

I agree, unless I intend on watching paid programming all day I have no use for ITV, I hope they remove it soon it will be just one less channel to skip over when channel surfing.

Mr

I for one will miss it. There are a couple os shows that I would miss. Of course, I have a PVR with OTA HD, so if worse come to worse, I can use that. I like the ease of taping of the Dirctv STB, however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)