Pay to aim?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
I'm about a year into my h3 upgrade (aka contract)
Dish is about 3+ yrs old.

I'm getting lots of digital breakup on different channels.

I don't pay for the insurance option whatever it's called.

If I call for a tweak what's it going to cost?

I'm about a year into my h3 upgrade (aka contract)
Dish is about 3+ yrs old.

I'm getting lots of digital breakup on different channels.

I don't pay for the insurance option whatever it's called.

If I call for a tweak what's it going to cost?
Call for the tweak, ask for the protection plan (8.99), and the call should cost no more than $10, plus the cost of a few months of protection plan or a cancellation fee of ($35?)

Reactions: TheKrell
Call for the tweak, ask for the protection plan (8.99), and the call should cost no more than $10, plus the cost of a few months of protection plan or a cancellation fee of ($35?)

Thanks; did some online research; looks like it's $8.99/mo $30 if removed <6 months
$95 fee w/o protect.

Just curious if being a long term (10+yrs) customer has any weight; or it is what it is.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks; did some online research; looks like it's $8.99/mo $30 if removed <6 months
$95 fee w/o protect.

Just curious if being a long term (10+yrs) customer has any weight; or it is what it is.

My experience especially if you pay on time too, yes it might make a difference. Don't take a no answer from one CSR if they won't wave it try a couple others or ask for supervisor.

Thanks, and before I call/chat I may try to self adjust.
I found the signal strength in settings; but not sure what best combos to use.
I'm right in the center of the US, looks like I'm using 110, 119 & 129, so what tuner/transponder should I use?
just picking random tuner/transponders I see these strengths"
129 = 62
119 = 43
110 = 62

Thanks, and before I call/chat I may try to self adjust.
I found the signal strength in settings; but not sure what best combos to use.
I'm right in the center of the US, looks like I'm using 110, 119 & 129, so what tuner/transponder should I use?
just picking random tuner/transponders I see these strengths"
129 = 62
119 = 43
110 = 62

The majority of the time, adjusting the elevation a degree or 2 upwards will do the trick. Take note of the setting and give it a try.

Reactions: Tampa8 and bryanw20
Not a big deal which one. 43 is low, 62 not bad. (For Western Arc which is what you have) You could pick one of the channels you see the problem on and see what that strength is. I would not be surprised if that 119 you see is a problem.
(Edit - I don't have a Hopper if you do I don't know if that scale reads the same as my VIP receivers)

Also be sure there is no obstruction or partial obstruction to the sky, check all connections and the condition of coax. It isn't usual to need it realigned, but certainly not unheard of. I live by the Ocean when I am in Florida, with higher than normal winds often, tropical storms with high winds etc... and have yet to ever need a realignment. But yours could have been right at the edge of being aligned and moved just a little, etc...

Not a big deal which one. 43 is low, 62 not bad. (For Western Arc which is what you have) You could pick one of the channels you see the problem on and see what that strength is. I would not be surprised if that 119 you see is a problem.
(Edit - I don't have a Hopper if you do I don't know if that scale reads the same as my VIP receivers)

Also be sure there is no obstruction or partial obstruction to the sky, check all connections and the condition of coax. It isn't usual to need it realigned, but certainly not unheard of. I live by the Ocean when I am in Florida, with higher than normal winds often, tropical storms with high winds etc... and have yet to ever need a realignment. But yours could have been right at the edge of being aligned and moved just a little, etc...
Depending on which Transponder, but if's central US,. he should be in the 70's for 110 and 119

Use Dishpointer.com with the satellite system 1000.2 Western Arc, type in your address... boom. You have your settings and even a line of site path to the satellites.

Reactions: bryanw20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)