PBS, Finally, I Hope.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Was the politician in with the mob? It was always unclear to me. Or was he just a jerk.
On the face of it he was a jerk.
However, I could believe Chalmers was in on it. Several parts of the plot and unanswered questions point to more than the face story... The protection was dropped in Lt. Bullitt's lap. Why did the patsy (Renick) take the chain off the door in the hotel? How did the hit men know to use Chalmers name when they went to the hotel? Why did Chalmers insist on changing doctors at the hospital? Chalmers made several remarks to Bullitt about climbing to the top... Just to name a few...

Reactions: fred555
I was sort of thinking mob money helped finance him to the top. Lots of unanswered questions for me too.

Its a good movie I own the movie on dvd.

<----------- He approves of this movie.
Well before satellite, with only an antenna, the Mrs. and I have been regulars for the OETA movie. Another great movie shown within the recent past (a favorite of mine now)- "The Sand Pebbles" also focused on Steve McQueen (which included many other great actors).

I was sort of thinking mob money helped finance him to the top. Lots of unanswered questions for me too.
I sincerely hope that there is no attempt by "modern Hollywood" to try address this or any part of this movie or its' premise with a remake or other "take" on the movie...

Been watching the OETA Movie Club since it started in 1988. Only a few OTA channels back then and I grew up on the old movies. I would stay up late on weekends at my grandparents ranch and turn the antenna to pick up Dallas, Tulsa, OKC, Lawton, Joplin. The house was on the highest spot in Seminole County, so we had great reception at night. Always watched Carson with my grandma, then Doctor Who and Blakes 7 on OETA before the OETA Movie Club was started, then whatever I could find that we normally didn't get. I have to say we are very fortunate in Oklahoma as I think OETA is one of the best PBS systems around.

Reactions: Jason S
OK, Bullitt Fans, it is on again at 11:30 P.M. Central Time. So get your nap in and popcorn ready to pop.

Just saw this in my OETA Odessy and thought would mention it, as there were several that commented about it.

Reactions: Jason S and fred555
Well the SL1P slowly started loosing Q over the past few weeks and down to nothing during the day now.
Went out to tweak today and nothing. Popped the Corotor II back on and BAMM, signal.
Just going to leave the Corotor on for good.
Ordered a Norsat 4106A Ku-Band DRO LNB to replace the Astrotel eventually.
Getting 82 % Q on the Astrotel right now on OETA, so that's why I say eventually,
so the Norsat will just be a spare for now.

Glad its working, Eric Clapton Live at Royal Albert Hall is on PBS East, and the OETA movie tonight is Great Escape!

Reactions: . Raine and osu1991
Clapton fans, make sure you see this concert program and crank it up to 11!
It was fantastic!
I have an Amiko Mini HD SE feeding my sound system through the fiber optic output.
Had the Mini volume just about all the way up and it sounded great.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts