Pbs Hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

baltchop

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Is it true that PBS HD starts today? Does anyone have any confirmation of this?

Thanks!

baltchop said:
Is it true that PBS HD starts today? Does anyone have any confirmation of this?
Thanks!

I assume you mean PBS HD via satellite.

We've been getting a PBS HD sub channel via OTA for some time here in Houston.
Their signal is a little weak, but the picture quality is among the best (when the signal is strong enough).

Yes, I was wondering if NY and LA got PBS HD on 12/28 as was rumored.

Was told this morning by DirecTV they are not offering PBS HD in Los Angeles area. I told them I was not interested in upgrading to the new 5 LNB until they did. In Malibu very hard to get anything OTA,

Brothers and Sisters, what have we been reduced to? We are looking for one new HD channel and that PBS. I don't know about you but I don't think I'm going to be watching Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, even if they are in HD. Let's see something worthwhile. Maybe TNT? How about putting more content on the already available channels. It was horrible watching ABC college football this year and almost every game broadcast in SD. How bout some music channels? Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc..... Time for the broadcasters to start recognizing the consumer!

Sorry, but PBS is much more than Sesame street and Mr. Rogers. There are very good science/nature shows in it, documentaries, specials, etc. ;)

timmac said:
Brothers and Sisters, what have we been reduced to? We are looking for one new HD channel and that PBS. I don't know about you but I don't think I'm going to be watching Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, even if they are in HD. Let's see something worthwhile. Maybe TNT? How about putting more content on the already available channels. It was horrible watching ABC college football this year and almost every game broadcast in SD. How bout some music channels? Survivor, Biggest Loser, etc..... Time for the broadcasters to start recognizing the consumer!

Fgsilva said:
Sorry, but PBS is much more than Sesame street and Mr. Rogers. There are very good science/nature shows in it, documentaries, specials, etc. ;)

I agree, PBS HD is totally different from the regular PBS station. It is much more like Discovery HD in content. My wife used to make fun of me for watching 'PBS' until she watched some of it with me.

When I had it OTA it was a great HD Demo for friends. We'd just sit in front of the TV hypnotised by it :p . we called it the "scenery" channel!:D IN a way reminded me of what happened in the past when regular TV started and people would just stare at it when the TV was just showing the station logo!!

bowens said:
I agree, PBS HD is totally different from the regular PBS station. It is much more like Discovery HD in content. My wife used to make fun of me for watching 'PBS' until she watched some of it with me.

PBS Programming

Pbs has quite a few shows I watch regularly
The Red Green Show
Ask this Old House
This Old House
Outdoor Wisconsin
Soundstage
Keeping Up Appearances (british Comedy)
Scandinavian Cooking Show with the Hot European MILF Blonde
and a few more which I forgot the names of.

Isnt all the PBS HD stations the same? PBS does not have local market protection so why do they have to launch PBS HD channels when it is the exact same content?

scrannel said:
Was told this morning by DirecTV they are not offering PBS HD in Los Angeles area. I told them I was not interested in upgrading to the new 5 LNB until they did. In Malibu very hard to get anything OTA,

You have a better shot at picking up San Diego than Mt. Wilson in Malibu.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)