PBS mux on 125W moving around...preparing for changes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ummm...no need to "notice on another site".......its been posted here that they've been there since they switched 12180 over to DVB-S2 a month + ago

12180 V 30000 will have the HD E&W feed, Create, V-Me, World and a SD/HD feed

and here is a PPT that shows what it was to be when they converted them over
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...d-preparing-for-changes?p=2936417#post2936417

The original post that had the dates mentions that

June 18 - 26
Test MPEG4 on TX 24 (HD01-3, SD01-4)

June 22nd is when the change was completed
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...d-preparing-for-changes?p=2895878#post2895878

I just cannot get my receiver (MicroHD) to scan any PBS on 125W. I've tried everything, add Trnspndrs, normal/detailed Blind Scan and I am 98 percent sure I'm on 125W because it scans Claro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried manually entering a transponder to see if you are getting a proper signal? Claro is real strong so, it is easy to get even if you are off. What size dish are you using?

Receiving the PBS channels with a microHD, GEOSATpro 90cm and SL1PLL here in Northern California on both the shop and home set-ups.

Double check the LNBF skew and dish aiming. Like ke4est suggests, The aiming can be off slightly and still receive the Claro channels.

I'll try jogging the dish back and forth again...I know it's me and not the equipment. I'm totally satisfied with the new receiver maybe I need to refocus. I have a winegard fta dish, not sure of the size in meters but it's bringing in the sats 90% with most at 60-75% levels. For some reason, I'm just not having luck with 125W...but I'll get it. Thanks!

Have you tried manually entering a transponder to see if you are getting a proper signal? Claro is real strong so, it is easy to get even if you are off. What size dish are you using?
I have tried individual transpndr searches on other sats...and if I haven't with 125W, I will now. Say thanks for the response. It's good to know someone is "out there" and willing to help with advice.

I figured out my problem. The MicroHD is an upgrade from my CoolSat 8100hd which is pretty useless now with the new formats and I needed to reset the LNB to 10600 to bring in 125W. I don't know how many channels popped in when I made the fix but I'm a happy camper/FTA Satellite watcher!!!

Glad you got it figured out!

HD04 now has an overlay that says "MPEG2 DVB-S SCPC Transmission End Date 9/25/12 @ 12:00 ET" so it looks like they finally got everyone on board.

good to know....I kinda gave up thinking they would drop the channels off those older TP's

yeah the 12060 TP now shows 9/19 at noon as the drop date

Be aware....one drop-dead date is for the MCPC mux, the other is the drop-dead date for the SCPC carriers that typically carry syndicated programming.

the NETA feeder is still in DVB-S as I type this (whereas the other two have gone DVB-S2) so I don't know if they are drop-dead'ing to DVB-S2 by the end of the month or if they are staying in DVB-S which probably is fine as the receivers PBS uses probably are backwards compatible to DVB-S.

Hey all you PBS Procrastinators!

New info slides are up telling you that you have until 10/9/2012 to get your stuff straight! Time's a tickin'. Again. :)

exactly. But there will be some folks who when the station actually drops and all that is left is DVB-S2 feeds will say

"WHERE DID PBS GO?????"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts