pbs network - where are you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryan79

Original poster
May 25, 2005
I live in the LA area and would like to get the PBS network, the spoke the DTV cs and they told me it was on channel #24 or #28 I checked both of them and I do not receive anything. The message on the screen (727) says I have not paid for this service. Does anyone in the LA area get PBS network and if so what channel? DTV cs said to try and get it by restarting the receiver, unplug it etc, etc, to me this is not the problem, I get all the other local channels, but I dont understand why I dont get Pbs? thanks for any help you can provide. ryan.

Ryan, list all of the local channels you receive and their channel numbers. Do you also receive New York distant locals?

pbs network

Hi Greg - thanks for your reply, I am getting cbs #2, nbc #4, wb #5, abc #7
Ind #9, fox #11. As far as the new york locals, I would love to get them but dtv cs told me I was not allowed to get them since I am already gettiing LA
locals. thanks for your help, Ryan

Very interesting. Ryan, you are only receiving the local channels that are being broadcast on the national beams. You aren't receiving the other 19 local channels, including UPN, which are broadcast on spot-beams.

Get a signal strength reading from your receiver for transponders 28 (which is where the PBS stations are located) and 18 (channels 56, 57, 58, 62, 63, and 64). If the signal strength is zero, where exactly are you located?

pbs channel

Greg Bimson said:
Very interesting. Ryan, you are only receiving the local channels that are being broadcast on the national beams. You aren't receiving the other 19 local channels, including UPN, which are broadcast on spot-beams.

Get a signal strength reading from your receiver for transponders 28 (which is where the PBS stations are located) and 18 (channels 56, 57, 58, 62, 63, and 64). If the signal strength is zero, where exactly are you located?

Thanks for your reply- I believe that I am getting a 98 signal strength on transponder #28. I dont understand why this would matter because I am getting all the other channels I am supposed to get. Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part. thanks, Ryan.

Ryan, if you are truly in SoCal, call DirecTV and make them "rehit" your card. You are only authorized for part of the locals, when you should be authorized for all of them. You could always ask for tier 2 support, and someone there may be able to help.

I'm in the LA Metro Area and get 4 PBS stations - you should be getting them too..

KCVR- 24
KCET- 28
KOCE- 50
KLCS-58

G&T said:
I'm in the LA Metro Area and get 4 PBS stations - you should be getting them too..

KCVR- 24
KCET- 28
KOCE- 50
KLCS-58

Don't forget KDOC - 56. :)

ALREADY mentioned in one of Greg Bimson 's post. Sorry about that.

What is tier 2 support

Greg Bimson said:
Ryan, if you are truly in SoCal, call DirecTV and make them "rehit" your card. You are only authorized for part of the locals, when you should be authorized for all of them. You could always ask for tier 2 support, and someone there may be able to help.

Thanks Greg - can you tell me what tier 2 support is? thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)