pbs on G-28

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ky.
i can't get the pbs channels on g-28. i manually entered the transponder(3754 h 4444) but there's no signal. transponder 4060 h 2800 has 60-70 % signal and scans in fine. using a coolsat 5000 and 10 ft. mesh dish.

i can't get the pbs channels on g-28. i manually entered the transponder(3754 h 4444) but there's no signal. transponder 4060 h 2800 has 60-70 % signal and scans in fine. using a coolsat 5000 and 10 ft. mesh dish.

Bad news is that it's no longer there.

Good news is that there is a new signal there with multiple channels. 3740/25319

Bad , but interesting news is that this transponder is playing havoc and doing some VERY STRANGE THINGS to my receiver, and to TSREADER. I've never seen the entries in TSREADER jumping around before like it's doing on this transponder.
I'm rebooting now, to see if it's a computer problem.

Bad news is that it's no longer there.

Good news is that there is a new signal there with multiple channels. 3740/25319

Bad , but interesting news is that this transponder is playing havoc and doing some VERY STRANGE THINGS to my receiver, and to TSREADER. I've never seen the entries in TSREADER jumping around before like it's doing on this transponder.
I'm rebooting now, to see if it's a computer problem.

I have the same problem with TSReader data flashing on and off. The channels seem to play fine in VLC though. There is something weird about that signal.

I have the same problem with TSReader data flashing on and off. The channels seem to play fine in VLC though. There is something weird about that signal.

Thanks for the confirmation. Even though I've getting a fairly strong signal, I'm getting continuity errors, however I noticed that ALL of the continuity errors are on the PMT PIDs. All of the other PIDs are error free.
It appears that they are sending out two versions of the PMT PIDs, and it's causing TSREADER to jump back and forth between the two versions. Like you say, the channels play fine.
This is great news to me, that NET has gone DVB, particularly for the HD channel, and the NPR/APR channel. I get rain outages on the AMC21 PBS HD and LPT HD channels, so this is a nice backup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)