Polar Mount question (Fortec star)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gmd63

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Finally got the dish out of storage and put together and up on the pole. Getting ready to tack the arc now but have a question.

The support truss that fits in/on the mount cap is a bit lose(see picture).
It looks like I could fit a washer or two inside to snug it up. Should I do that or is it supposed to be this way? as some sort of skew adjustment?

The instructions that come with it are basically just a parts list, but the picture just shows a washer on each side (on the outside) but nothing inside to make it snug.

Anyone have one of these Fortec Star mounts? it is a Fortec 6' with polar mount.
Or any advice? Thanks.

Attachments

• ploar mount.jpg
    ploar mount.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 202
I can't see any reason why you would want any movement in any part of the mount. Have you taken the bolts out and checked to make sure there not rusted to the point where your unable to tighten them all the way also try some PB Blaster on them.

It is new, right out of the bag and box. I don't think there should be any play in it either. I'm going to tighten it up.

**Tightened it right up. Was not sure if I was to do that, but it is nice and snug now, with no ill effects anyway.
Boy, putting the little KU dishes on motors are a piece of cake now compared to doing a C-Band.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts