PC will not recognize MP3 player?

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a basic rhetorical question, but the search results were too convoluted.

My daughter got a “Curtis MP1031” MP3 player a while back for her birthday. She asked me to set it up for her, and I loaded the software onto 2 different PCs; however, neither of them will properly recognize the device. The first one did absolutely nothing, and the second one popped up little notifications saying that XP found the new device (but then gave some message like “there was a problem with the install, the device may not function properly”. I tried using the firmware upgrade function, but even its own software couldn’t “find” the device when plugged into the USB. The company website posts no downloadable fixes, and the manual is useless.

ANY advice is greatly appreciated!

TIA!

If you can't find a driver on their website that makes it work, then I don't think there is much you can do besides taking it back to get your money back.

Problem Solved!

Problem Solved!

It turned out to be a bad USB cable. Jeez, why doesn't a $20 chinese MP3 player come with a $50 audiophile grade monster-cable?:p

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts