PEACHTREE TV ATLANTA BRAVES BASEBALL

Looking through the program guide for the game tomorrow night. Not a big surprise that I don't see it listed on any of the ALT channels. Go figure.:rolleyes:

no it isnt.t didnt know what you were getting

not all. Just the out of market professional sports. Most college games are still in there and the filler stuff. Frankly I like it because then I get more college hockey :)
But nothing (close to nothing) is in HD as their HD RSNs are game only

To all Braves' fans:

Are we going to get Peachtree TV this year or will Dish ignore us again? Is Direct TV going to carry it again? I know our cable system is picking up the games again this year.

If the price is right, Charlie will do it, if not, Braves fans will join the camp of unhappy MLB Dish Network subscribers, just like Yankee fans who are upset that Dish Network doesn't carry YES.

I get PTV because I reside within the Atlanta DMA but I hear the frustrations of Braves fans outside the ATL, who have no other way to get those games, unless they turn on the radio. In Macon, for example, PTV games are on the local cable system but not on Dish. This isn't MLB's doing, it is not the Braves who are at fault. It is Dish.

Braves are on Peachtree on Directv but not in HD. At least they get to watch the game..... come on Charlie light up Peachtree on one of the alternate sports channels during game time!

Even worse, these games are blacked out on MLBTV.com if you have a SC zip. Someone here , other than Directv, must be carrying it. Probably the cable companies, so we lose all the way around.

It's really sad that Dish can't do a better job negotiating contracts for their subscribers, be it new HD, regional sports or local networks. It sucks to have to check a score on the internet while your favorite team (Braves) is playing their 2nd game of the season. And for no good reason. Could it really be that hard of a deal or involve that much cost to redistribute the Peachtree games on one of the alt channels to the Braves local market??? Now I understand why Dish has been deemed by someone else in another thread "the dollar tree of satellites".

Yes, this is quite ridiculous.

No baseball on Dish. I was so hopeful two years ago. No Extra Innings, no peachtree. Now I am stuck watching MLB for even more money on my computer.

I am moving soon and I will be done with Dish. Their receivers are nicer but they just can't deliver. DirecTV has had my locals in HD for over a year now and Dish is still promising to deliver them sometime later.

When I move, Dish can kiss my $120 / month goodbye. They could offer me 3 months of free service and I would still leave, just not enough channel coverage.

It's really sad that Dish can't do a better job negotiating contracts for their subscribers, be it new HD, regional sports or local networks. It sucks to have to check a score on the internet while your favorite team (Braves) is playing their 2nd game of the season. And for no good reason. Could it really be that hard of a deal or involve that much cost to redistribute the Peachtree games on one of the alt channels to the Braves local market??? Now I understand why Dish has been deemed by someone else in another thread "the dollar tree of satellites".

Mud Duck28, you are so right, if Directv and cable can do this for their customers, so could Dish but they don't seem to care about us the customers that pays them $100 + a month, I have been hanging on hoping that they would open up an alt channel but I don't think that is going to happen. I listened to the game tonight on satellite radio but thats nothing compared to watching. I would pay MLB.com to watch on my computer but it's blacked out so that's not available to me. I know there are alot of people that could care less about BRAVES baseball but to us that have watched the Braves play for years, it is a big deal not to be able to watch them every night. I am so disapointed!!!!!

It is my understanding that directv opens up this channel for the Braves games only and when the game is over it is shut down, regular programming is not seen.

As an addition to my previous post, my in-laws indicated that Direct opens the Peachtree channel for the Braves games then shuts it down so as not to expose them to any other programming.

The highly irrational reasoning towards preventing anyone from being exposed to any transmissions from other "DMA's" remains. As a matter of concern, the concept of DMA's themselves are irrational and serve no real purpose considering they were established over 50 years ago and have no real relevance in today's society.

It is bizzare that the Peachtree channel is available for both satellite providers in Canada but yet not for many US TV options including Dish. :confused:

When WGN & TBS were approved for carriage it was the "local" feeds and not the Superstation feeds.

But at one point Bell had WGN9 & TBS Superstation while Starchoice had WGN Superstation and WTBS 17. They both now have the "local" feed and Starchoice has WGN in HD too :)

On the positive...Canadians get Blackhawks hockey on WGN9 and Braves Baseball on WPCH
negative...nobody picked up the Sunday baseball package that TBS carries

But here is the part I am having a hard time with. If you go to peachtreetv.com, you will find a paragraph written that states although Peachtree is a local channel exclusive to the Atlanta area (and Canada), provisons have been made to allow cable and satellite providers in the Atlanta Braves local DMA, which includes Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and parts of North Carolina, to carry the peachtree games. Dish already carries Peachtree for the Atlanta area. I'm sure there has to be some sort of agreement worked out to allow Dish to redistribute those games to other subscribers in the south. But I just can't believe that there would be such an issue to get this worked out or that there would be too much expense involved to justify doing it when virtually all other providers in this region, both satellite and cable, have been able to work an agreement out to show the Peachtree games. Charlie once stated something to the effect of not carrying the MLB network, but rather being a provider of games for the subscribers in their local markets. I guess those words were just exhaled wind. The Yankees fans deserve the YES network as well. Don't hold your breath Yankess fans. Unbelievable! Welcome to Dish Network-"The Dollar Tree of Satellite Providers". Way to go Charlie. :mad:

Mad Duck

on cable, CSS carries the Braves Peachtree games and DirecTv has a channel just for those games for folks in the Braves area but outside the ATL (everything else is blacked out for folks outside of ATL)

Dish hasnt agreed yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts