PEACHTREE TV ATLANTA BRAVES BASEBALL

I keep calling and sending e-mails. I think we're beating a dead horse. I'm no longer getting any reply. Anyone else still trying to contact Dish about missing the Peachtree games. One more note- ESPN2 will carry the Braves and Yankees Wednesday night- but if you have Dish in the Atlanta market, guess what? It's blacked out.:rolleyes: and we won't see it on Peachtree either. I don't want to switch to Direct, but I guess it's just a matter of how bad do you want to see the Braves.

It's not blacked out on WPCH. It is blacked out on ESPN2. I have ESPN2, but can't get WPCH due to the circumstances discussed before. Dish can't or won't reach an agreement to rebroadcast to those of us that should still be able to see the Peachtree games.

If the Atlanta spot beam covers your part of the Birmingham area you can "move" to a county in the Atlanta DMA. There are two counties in Alabama in the Atlanta DMA, Clebourne and Randolph. "Move" your service address to a town in one of these counties.

I've tried moving. Unfortunately, I'm only about 15 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. I could get the 129 HD signal sometimes, but with no reliabiltiy (signal strength was 30). I could get no other signal from Atlanta at all. It's a real bummer.

It's not blacked out on WPCH. It is blacked out on ESPN2. I have ESPN2, but can't get WPCH due to the circumstances discussed before. Dish can't or won't reach an agreement to rebroadcast to those of us that should still be able to see the Peachtree games.

I am in Huntsville and have the same problem with missing the Peachtree TV only games. Bummer.

Looking on my guide I see the Wednesday game showing up and not blacked out. Where did you see or hear that the game would be blacked out?

I can understand the game blocked out from ESPN2 in the Atlanta TV DMA but not in all the remaining areas of the Atlanta Braves MLB territory.

At least I hope it isn't blacked out.

lowdown

Yep. I am getting the blackout message too.

You would think some one at DISH or ESPN would have figured this out and corrected it.

Did you try one of the alternate channels??

I looked and the Yankees VS the Braves game for 06/24 blacked out on ESPN2 is not listed on any ALT channel. We are out of luck.

I did send an e-mail to DISH programming asking why it was blacked out and why we cannot get Peachtree TV. The response was the standard cut and paste reply with no answers.

lowdown

Yep. I am getting the blackout message too.

You would think some one at DISH or ESPN would have figured this out and corrected it.
ESPN has nothing to do with this.
ESPN does not own the rights for the games in Braves territory, those rights are owned by the Braves, and then sold to SportsSouth and Peachtree TV. Peachtree TV happens to own this particular game, and is being shown on Directv and Cable Systems that have struck a deal with Peachtree TV to show the games in those areas.

What is needed is for Dish Network to strick a deal with Peachtree TV to show the games in those areas of the Braves territory that are ouside the Atlanta DMA.

I was expecting to be able to watch it on ESPN. Starting to be disappointed that I went with Dish and made a 2 year contract. :mad:

Dish is telling me it shouldn't be blacked out since I am in the Chattanooga area without access to PTV, but I am calling BS.

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity...is there anyone with Directv who gets the Peachtree games that can verify that the game on ESPN2 tomorrow night is blacked out on Directv as well? Hope that's not too confusing.

Derwin0 is correct. Peachtree has an agreement with most cable companies and Direct, inside the Braves DMA. Unfotunately, the result for us with Dish, we ain't gonna see it on ESPN2 because Peachtree owns the game in the Braves DMA, and we ain't gonna see it on Peachtree (unless you have the Atlanta locals from Dish) because Dish and Peachtree don't have an agreement. Charlie continues to stress the fact that Dish focuses on providing your local teams instead of carrying MLBEI or the MLB network, but he continues to fail when it comes to the Braves.

And Peachtree (owned by Time Warner) is not going to give a waiver for ESPN to show the game in the Braves's broadcast territory, as it would weaken it's leverage with Dish in negotiations to carry the games. Dish likely is refusing to pay the same money that Directv & CSS are paying to carry the games.

Waking up this morning, I am even more in the dumps. The Braves shut the Yankees out 4-0 last night. I missed it. And the next game will be even more competitive....and I'll miss it too

Almost...almost, makes me wish I still had Charter. :p

And Peachtree (owned by Time Warner) is not going to give a waiver for ESPN to show the game in the Braves's broadcast territory, as it would weaken it's leverage with Dish in negotiations to carry the games. Dish likely is refusing to pay the same money that Directv & CSS are paying to carry the games.

Well, I'm not in the Braves (Atlanta) DMA and it's still blacked out. I'm in the Columbia, SC DMA.

This is THE reason I left Dish. Dish doesn't give a sh!t about its customers who want the Braves. I called them daily for about the first 3-4 weeks of last season until I gave up and "moved". Fortunately I can see the Atlanta spotbeam from where I'm located so this is a solution if you're in the southeast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)