PEACHTREE TV ATLANTA BRAVES BASEBALL

We are getting a single powerpoint screen saying 'Braves Baseball will be right back' pretty much.

And what a first game to properly broadcast to the Atlanta DMA. They must be showing off for Maddux.

Are you guys getting the same thing that cable is getting during commercials? We get a background high shot of the stadium behind homeplate instead of commercials. I assume Dish is getting the same feed?

We get a screen that says Commercial Break - Please Stand By... with elevator music.

Dish must be taking the actual feed that Peachtree sends out on C-Band to the WPCH studio. Cable & the actual WPCH feed would have commercials

The high shot behind home plate is from the direct feed :)

so instead of just remapping WPCH to an alt channel, they are taking a direct feed. Normally they put a "we will return after this commercial break" slate up instead

I wonder why Dish hasn't announced this? This has been a huge issue for Braves fans in the southeast for almost 2 years now. They need to let the people that haven't switched over this know that it's up now.

Braves

I just hope this isnt only a result of MLB EI being on a free preview on D*. I hope this is something that is more permanent.

Hopefully this is a permanent feature. I really enjoy being a Dish Network subscriber, and this just adds to the cake. Maybe an email is in order for all of us that have enjoyed ourselves tonight in the Braves DMA. :)

IDK

I dont know. Thought since it was on a free preview on D* until the 22nd that it may not be restricted to broadcast in the braves area during that period.

I would think it's a permanent thing. I don't see where the free MLB EI preview on D* would have anything to do with Peachtree showing up. Just a timing coincidence. I too am going to send a thank you note to Dish. Enjoyed watching them whip the Mets tonight.:up

Dish certainly picked a good time to start showing Peachtree games. I haven't been watching much Braves this year because they haven't been that good, and they have seemed to show more games that I couldn't get than I could.

But these last three games have been a lot of fun for Braves fans, and the team is playing so well now. I watched most of these last two games, and I will definitely tune in for more Braves games overall now.

Thanks, Dish! :up

Now if you can only find some way to show CSS games during college football season... :rolleyes:

Dish certainly picked a good time to start showing Peachtree games. I haven't been watching much Braves this year because they haven't been that good, and they have seemed to show more games that I couldn't get than I could.

But these last three games have been a lot of fun for Braves fans, and the team is playing so well now. I watched most of these last two games, and I will definitely tune in for more Braves games overall now.

Thanks, Dish! :up

Now if you can only find some way to show CSS games during college football season... :rolleyes:

F'serious... according to CSS's website they're going to have 8 SEC games this year, though the two announced aren't mega-exciting to this UGA fan (Western Carolina at Vandy and Southeast Louisiana at Ole Miss). I've been sending emails on a very regular basis to Dish and they haven't replied to a single one even with some nonsense automated answer!

It is good news that Dish seems to have added the PTV Braves games. They seem to be doing a lot of the right things lately. I assume these games are blacked out in areas outside of the southeast.

Thanks Dish for getting the Braves games on Peachtree TV. As a long time Braves fan, we really appreciate it. Keep up the good work.

What do you other Braves fans think about Chip Caray? I loved his grandfather and Skip, but I've never been a big fan of Chip's. He really grates on my nerves how he chuckles at the end of 75% of every sentence that comes out of his mouth and particularly his over the top "excitement" about something that isn't going to happen clearly. Take for instance a game where the Braves are up 10-0, a Braves hitter hit a flyball midway center field and it's clear it's not leaving the ballpark but Chip will get bent out of shape about it "FLLYYYY BALL!! WAYYYY UP THERE!!... and Aaron Rowand makes the catch". Really necessary for a 10-0 game? And don't get me started about "JJ", wow.. I wish Boog and Joe would do all the Braves games, they have a great chemistry together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)