People with problems with VOOM!

fastfed

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Just curious, do you think its a Voom problem or a location problem ( Which is kinda voom's fault too )

The reason I ask is because I have not really had any problems at all yet, I was told I am in a near perfect location, maybe that is why?

Do you think its the hardware that gives problems? Aren't we all using the same stuff??

Anyway I have had voom for 4 days now without any problems, and wondering if its going to start happening or something.

Which specific problems are you asking about? :confused:

I'm assuming you're talking about rain fade. I'm in MD, and haven't noticed it much. We do get strong thunderstorms in the afternoons and it does go out. But its about the same as D* was. No biggie. OTA still works. (And with D*, the locals on the powerful spot beam works thru most storms as well.)

-John

My main problem with Voom is the OTA the still need to get mappin correct for my area or get scanning working. Pixelation is noticable on rainy days. I have had quite a few lately. But no more than I expected. Other than that I rate voom as an Ok provider.

fastfed said:
I am talking about the entire package.. EVERY PROBLEM.

Hey fasteddy, uh I mean Freddy, slow down....if you are not having any problems sit back relax and enjoy Voom. Don't look for problems. If they come up, then worry about it. Until then stop SHOUTING AT EVERYONE.

fastfed said:
I am talking about the entire package.. EVERY PROBLEM.
Hmm... Well, let's see: OTA problems are mostly location-specific; known bugs in the software are specific to the software version, not location; installation problems are usually installer-specific, could be location-specific too; problems with content are specific to your personal taste; rain-fade problems might be location specific: depend on the satellite elevation from your location, and also depend on your local weather condition. If I am still missing your question, please provide more specifics.

Ilya.

Seanb61 said:
Hey fasteddy, uh I mean Freddy, slow down....if you are not having any problems sit back relax and enjoy Voom. Don't look for problems. If they come up, then worry about it. Until then stop SHOUTING AT EVERYONE.

Excuse me?? who the hell is shouting at anyone?? This is a freaking serious question. I would like to know why people think they are getting the problems..

Thanks!

fastfed said:
Excuse me?? who the hell is shouting at anyone?? This is a freaking serious question. I would like to know why people think they are getting the problems..

Thanks!
Doesn't like the capital letters-some people take offense to their use-DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN-LOL

Still having the occasional "black screen" when views tv using DVI connections. I had no problems until they swapped out my receivers. I occassionally with get drop outs durning heavy thunderstorms, but I expected that to happen. Although I am still using the 18-inch dish. My OTA problems were solved with a better antenna. Overall I am still happy with Voom.

Hopefully someone else could report to Voom "black screen" problems to see if its a software problem. It happens on all channels. However, it seems to be happening less now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)