Personal Computer Game News

Reactions: meStevo
The Witcher 3's hardware requirements are out. I have to say it's a little discouraging to constantly see my hardware listed as the "minimum" requirements..

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/7/7508059/the-witcher-3-system-requirements-pc

Witcher 1 and 2 had really beefy requirements for their time too. I remember people using those games as the benchmark when they wanted to brag about how good their PC was. my GPU is a 7850 and the minimum for Witcher 3 calls for a 7870 so I'm actually slightly below the minimum specs.

Well if you're below minimum than I can't imagine how awful my GPU would perform. Good thing I'm not really interested in this game.

Well if you're below minimum than I can't imagine how awful my GPU would perform. Good thing I'm not really interested in this game.

I am interested but I wanted to play Witcher 1 and 2 first and I've barely started 1. Apparently these are huge games so it could be years before I get to it if I ever do. I'll read up on the Steam forums to see how it performs with my card. If it looks like it won't be a good experience I'll just play it on PS4. On the other hand, I may have a new GPU by the time I get to this. I'd like to hold out for next year's tax refund before I upgrade so I know whatever I get in the $250 range will blow away my current GPU and the consoles.

The only thing is that I'm not sure whether stuff carries forward from game to game and I have the first 2 on PC.

More evidence that Elder Scrolls Online is going F2P. EB Games in Australia has been told to take ALL copies of the game off their shelves and send them back to Bethesda.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ine-Pulled-From-Shelves-at-EB-Games-Australia

Nice. It looks like this will be truly free-to-play. Even when that Star Wars MMO went "free-to-play" I think you still had to buy the game. If I remember correctly, their interpretation of F2P just meant no more monthly fees. I will definitely give it a shot if they truly make it a $0 barrier to entry.

I've never tried a real MMO. I have wanted to just to see what the fuss was about and a free option on a game that's not over 10 years old seems like a good one to try. I doubt I will get myself bogged down in something like that for more than a few weeks though.

All I know is people are going to be PISSED if after all these delays and "tweaking" that the game is as buggy and unoptimized as GTA IV was when it first came out for PC..

The actual specs aren't that bad, but damn, 65 GB of HDD. I figure by the time I (if I ever) pick this game up SSD's will be more affordable and I'll have a 1TB on my machine, as SR4 and Prototype have basically made it impossible for me to go back to the GTA world..

Last edited:
Hotline Miami 2 has been refused classification in Australia due to an allegedly simulated rape scene.

http://www.gamefront.com/hotline-miami-2-rape-scene-leads-to-australian-ban/

When asked about what to do about getting the game in Australia, developer Jonatan Söderström had this to say:

Z84eDVa.png

Looks like we've had our first disastrous (mildly) high profile launch of 2015..

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/16/7556677/h1z1s-early-access-launch-was-kind-of-a-disaster

And it goes on... apparently numerous times the devs PROMISED that this wasn't going to be a P2W (Pay to Win) game, and that the microtransactions would just be cosmetic related. Well shortly after people were actually able to play the game, it was announced that there were now Paid Airdrops, which can be paid for to drop supplies in the game. And it looks like those are REALLY helpful so now lots of people are up in arms over this and there's been a HUGE backlash.

For those who didn't care to read the article, what makes this more interesting is that this is a F2P game where you fight zombies in an MMO setting (Looks like originality is making a comeback in 2015!) and they're actually charging people to play it in Early Access, which doesn't make much sense to me. Apparently by doing it like this they can get more money to finance more of the game, but if Sony is behind the game... why do they need more money?

Well anyways after the backlash, the head of Sony Online Entertainment started offering refunds OUTSIDE of Steam for those angry at what had happened, and now they're trying to set it up with Valve to be able to do it within Steam. It looks like they're trying to do the right thing but damn, way to have things blow up in your face.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts