Personal Computer Game News

And it makes me think that maybe I should go back and replay Act I. The twist at the end of Act I is cool and it really makes you think (or at least it did to me,) "How the HELL did I not realize that was the case as I was playing the game?" Maybe once an exact date is set I'll go back and plow through.

Valve has launched a game video streaming service within Steam.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/2/7321223/valve-steam-broadcasting-live-streaming

I would have thought that Twitch was too big for anyone new to take a significant chunk of the market. Valve is probably one of the few companies that could step in and immediately do just that though. The reason game streaming got so big in the first place was because of PC gamers and all PC gamers have Steam installed on their machines. Some streamers haven't been happy with the new Twitch policies after the Amazon deal either.

I would have thought that Twitch was too big for anyone new to take a significant chunk of the market. Valve is probably one of the few companies that could step in and immediately do just that though. The reason game streaming got so big in the first place was because of PC gamers and all PC gamers have Steam installed on their machines. Some streamers haven't been happy with the new Twitch policies after the Amazon deal either.

EnjoyCapitalismSticker1a.jpg

Assassins Creed: Victory has been leaked/announced, to come out in 2015. Nice to know Unity didn't suck enough for Ubisoft to take up their claim that "We won't release yearly AC games if they start to suck."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138865-Assassins-Creed-Victory-Coming-in-Fall-2015

I'll probably rent Unity this spring when there aren't many new releases to pick from. I liked Black Flag so this seems worth checking out. I'm not saying I'll put 40 hours in like I did with Black Flag or that I'll even complete the story. I do want to see the technical features for myself though. The cities and crowds look pretty impressive.

Right but Black Flag and Unity are vastly different. Unity is more like the older games in the series. If you're looking for more of what Black Flag had, you might be better off with AC: Rogue, which was the last gen release. The reviews weren't stellar for it but many mentioned that it feels more like a true sequel to BF and has more sailing and such in it.

Right but Black Flag and Unity are vastly different. Unity is more like the older games in the series. If you're looking for more of what Black Flag had, you might be better off with AC: Rogue, which was the last gen release. The reviews weren't stellar for it but many mentioned that it feels more like a true sequel to BF and has more sailing and such in it.

It wasn't so much the sailing stuff that I liked. That stuff was okay but I wouldn't play a game just to get that again. I liked that the main character was a pirate who was basically just out for himself. Sure, he killed some templars but he did it to steal treasure for himself, not because of some ancient assassin's order. I liked that the game didn't take itself so seriously and even poked fun at the ridiculousness of other Assassin's Creed story lines.

This will be the first post TWD Tell Tale game that I'll be skipping. I just have no interest in Minecraft.
Hey don't knock it until you try it. I had NO interest in The Walking Dead game but then it got all those awards and praise so I gave it a look. I wasn't even into the show at the time. I got into the show (and then lost interest) afterwards. Now obviously MC and TWD are two very different worlds, but I think TT has proven that they can turn many different things into magic. I'm not saying MC is destined to be a success, but I am quite curious to see what comes out from this, although admittedly I'm not as curious/excited as I am for TWAU Season 2, GoT, or TWD Season 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts