Peter Griffin runs over uplink dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
I saw this on TV and thought it was funny.

Attachments

• Peter Griffin.jpg
    Peter Griffin.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 289
I love the way they got the dish home in the first picture. I did that once...

Well, I didn't drag it behind my car, I rolled it home on foot.

IIRC, Peter was teaching Meg (his teenage daughter) to drive and backed over the dish at the cable company, surprisingly taking all TV in the town out. With no TV in the town, and the dish he dragged home, he decided to make his own TV station, and got in trouble with the FCC, not for illegally transmitting, but for crossing the deceny line.

never seen the show...and from what I've heard it's either one of those "you love it" or "you cant stand it" shows

never seen the show...and from what I've heard it's either one of those "you love it" or "you cant stand it" shows

Tony, having chatted with you....you'd LOVE it. Try it out, Bro. I don't care much for some of their politics at times, but I do say they aim at EVERYBODY at one time or another... :cool:

A quick overview:

Peter - The Big Dufus Dad
Lois - The Semi-Hot Wife
Chris - The Bigger Dufus Son
Meg - The Unpopular Daughter
Stewie - The Diabolical Evil Genius Son
Brian the Dog - The Anthropomorphous College-Educated Ultra-Left-Wing Atheist Hippie Family Pet

and sundry other recurring cast members.

Tony, having chatted with you....you'd LOVE it. Try it out, Bro. I don't care much for some of their politics at times, but I do say they aim at EVERYBODY at one time or another... :cool:

Agreed. I love it... Now, that said, its not for the faint of heart. There are PLENTY of topics that would outright offend some, but even if you're offended, you're usually laughing so hard it doesn't matter! :D Don't drink over your keyboard or in front of your monitor if you're watching it on your PC. Your drink will be spit out at some point... Think Techfizzle.

Oops... Sorry! Now you probably won't give Family Guy a try ;) ...

It is a funny show though... I haven't seen the episode with the dish incident yet, gotta look for that one.

Here's a few more. Not Family Guy related, but still funny.

Attachments

• 52084338.jpg
    52084338.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 182
  • hay-radar_1453117i.jpg
    hay-radar_1453117i.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 188
  • satellite-dish-telstra-steampunk-metal-plow-sci-fi-art-sculpture-2.jpg
    satellite-dish-telstra-steampunk-metal-plow-sci-fi-art-sculpture-2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 139
IIRC, Peter was teaching Meg (his teenage daughter) to drive and backed over the dish at the cable company, surprisingly taking all TV in the town out. With no TV in the town, and the dish he dragged home, he decided to make his own TV station, and got in trouble with the FCC, not for illegally transmitting, but for crossing the deceny line.

Not to be a downer but I think you are confusing two episodes. The first one, which we get the picture from is as you said, "Peter was teaching Meg (his teenage daughter) to drive and backed over the dish at the cable company, surprisingly taking all TV in the town out. With no TV in the town," Then what happens is Peter goes crazy and tapes a cardboard cutout of a tv to himself and views the real world as his television. Bribing his daughter Meg to take the blame for hitting the satellite with a new car she takes the blame until the end when it all comes out that he blamed it on his daughter, and just as the mob is about to attack, the TV comes back on and everyone is distracted.

There is another episode in which Peter gets fed up with the FCC and makes his own tv channel. gets in trouble with the FCC and the FCC begins censoring real life.

I don't watch this show at all. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.