Petition to remove WFN HD from Dish Network HD Line up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
It is not an actual petition but it is a called to Dish Network to remove this useless bandwith eating channel from the line up and replace it with something worthy. You can think of many channels that could replace this useless crap that it is not even HD right now... Why customer like us who pay our bills on time have to pay for this crap. Please take it down. Enough is enough....

Speed HD
Fx HD
Any of the showtime HD, HBO HD, starz HD,

add your own channels. I rather watch any of those that this useless crap.:mad:

I bet this is like a shopping channel, meaning they are paying Charlie for coverage. I don't see them being removed any time soon.

In the meantime it is eating the bandwith of a spot that a REAL HD channel could use. Put it in SD and I will not be alarmed but HD cuts our bandwith.

It is not an actual petition but it is a called to Dish Network to remove this useless bandwith eating channel from the line up and replace it with something worthy. You can think of many channels that could replace this useless crap that it is not even HD right now... Why customer like us who pay our bills on time have to pay for this crap. Please take it down. Enough is enough....

Speed HD
Fx HD

+1

More likely forced on them by Insight which among other things also controls NHL Network.

Or maybe Charlie is a fishing fanatic.

why no one else carry this... why was it not forced on DirecTv... I hope DirecTv does carry crap like this and kind of give the perception that customers are ok with this crap.

I'm sensing that you're not overly thrilled by this channel.:D

I used to love to fish (many years ago) and know many that still live to fish. I know no one that would expect or pay for a whole tv station dedicated to it 24/7.

It would seem a more appropriate use of BW if they combined with other programming of a similar genre onto a single channel.

More likely forced on them by Insight which among other things also controls NHL Network.

GolTV too, I think.

I have no problem with the channel, it just shouldn't be taking up HD bandwidth. It's an SD channel. Period.

Scott said something about how they should at least have SOME HD in the fall. They should have just waited until then.

Speed HD
Fx HD

I'm not a fan of WFN "HD" at all, but is its presence and the bandwidth it takes as an "HD" channel blocking any of those more worthy channels from being lit up?? I didn't think bandwidth was that tight and I thought the others were more like contractual issues....

I'm not a fan of WFN "HD" at all, but is its presence and the bandwidth it takes as an "HD" channel blocking any of those more worthy channels from being lit up?? I didn't think bandwidth was that tight and I thought the others were more like contractual issues....

Yes there are contractual issues. But there are more HD channels available than DISH has room for at this time. The HD on some of those channels may be limited, but not as limited as the ZERO on WFN.

Most of the available HD channels are channels that are already carried. The contracts on most of them should be no brainers (or they would be if DISH wasn't fighting other battles with half of them.). The premium HD channels are essentially free to all subscribers. Bandwidth IS the primary issue now...DISH must decide how to best use it's bandwidth to increase revenue. Why do you think Cinemax has the most HD's now...it has the fewest subscribers. Adding HD to it might encourage more people to subscribe to it. It costs them nothing but bandwidth.

Adding, say, a Starz channel, costs nothing and might increase Starz subscriptions by 1% or something. Adding channels already carried by DirecTV might decrease churn. Adding WFN SD could theoretically attract a few new customers. But do you really think anyone is going to upgrade to HD just for WFN?

It just doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint. I almost guarantee it was forced on them. Or at a minimum- maybe it was free, and Charlie was looking for anything to cushion the blow to the tier he was about to gut.

Also, it defeats one of DISH's own arguments. "We removed Voom to make room for channels our customers were demanding more."

This channel is probably not even using that much bandwith since there's no HD content anyways. I'll be interested to know what the bit rate is for this particular channel.

You should add all the other bandwidth wasting channels that show the same thing all day as well... Speed (Racing 24/7), Golf (golf, 24/7), NBA (Hoops 24/7), etc.

Ok, I will try and get everyone fired up..... I would rather have WFN than VOOM...!

I agree, at least you will get to see some new content. If you don't like fishing don't watch. I don't complain because there is a chiller channel, I don't like scarey movies all the much, but I don't come on here crying to Charlie to remove it. Be happy you are getting new channels. Eventually everything will be HD and it will just be D, and then there will be something like UHD Ultra HD channel, with 1080p or higher, then we will have to listen to everyone complain about why there favorite channel isn't UHD. Wow, get a life people, be happy with what you have and be happy you don't have some small rurual cable company that doesn't even have HD as an option. If you don't like what you have or what they offer, LEAVE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)