Peyton Manning

Rest assured, money will not be an issue, according to an NFL source.
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen is prepared to do whatever it takes to land Manning, the highly prized free-agent quarterback who is flying with the team's football bosses of John Elway, John Fox and Brian Xanders to Denver for an visit.

Bowlen took a redeye flight late last night from his Hawaii residence and is at his Dove Valley headquarters office awaiting Manning's arrival.

The Broncos do have the financial resources and salary cap room, the source said, and are willing to do what it takes to sign Manning.

Bowlen was perhaps a bit spoiled by having five Super Bowl appearances and two Super Bowl titles through his first 15 seasons as Broncos owner. He has since been frustrated that his team has won only two playoff games and made no Super Bowl appearances in the past 13 seasons.

Although Tim Tebow just led the Broncos to their first AFC West title and playoff victory since the 2005 season, Bowlen said after his team's second-round blowout defeat at New England: "Not a bad season but not a great season, either. I want a great season."

Broncos' Pat Bowlen willing to spend for Peyton Manning - The Denver Post

I see Manning going to Houston. If he goes to Denver, he'll have to play the Chargers twice every year, maybe three times. His career QB rating vs the Chargers is worse than any other team except the Dolphins.

I see Manning going to Houston. If he goes to Denver, he'll have to play the Chargers twice every year, maybe three times. His career QB rating vs the Chargers is worse than any other team except the Dolphins.

The Chargers weren't too scary last year. Their defense is not as strong as a few years ago.

Word is that Manning wants to stay in the AFC. He'll probably want to steer clear of his old division (Colts x2) and the Browns (tough defenses in that division). In the East, the Jets would be a huge surprise to me if he chose to go there, so that leaves Miami. In the West, the Chiefs and Broncos are legitimate choices.

Even though Peyton says he prefers to stay in the afc,Seattle and Arizona are still in the Peyton hunt.If Peyton wants the best chance at another sb ring then the Jets are the favorite.

there is nothing scary about playing the chargers anymore, the only thing to be scared about as a Bronco is the chiefs defense and the raiders defensive line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yea I understand that there is a lot of drama but 2 factors that make me lean towards the jets.Strongest team with imo best chance of winning the sb,and Peyton's ex coach Tom Moore.

With a poor offensive line (the reason biggest Sanchez has had problems developing... always under pressure) and fairly mediocre supporting case outside of Mangold, Revis, and Holmes, I think the Jets need a lot more help than Manning can provide.

Yea I understand that there is a lot of drama but 2 factors that make me lean towards the jets.Strongest team with imo best chance of winning the sb,and Peyton's ex coach Tom Moore.
I think it's safe to say the jets are out after giving Sanchez an extension.

Wow Irsay has gone insane!The Colts will be like the Bucs are now,and it's a long way to get back to the top.

Glazer said that Denver was flying Peyton in today and was going to do their best to keep him from having any reason to talk with other teams.

Loosely related, the Browns play the Chiefs (Manning?), Broncos (Manning?), Colts (Luck), and Redskins (RG3). They'll have a chance to make moves and show they made the better ones...

...or just get put away repeatedly by teams who were able to get deals done when they weren't.

Loosely related, the Browns play the Chiefs (Manning?), Broncos (Manning?), Colts (Luck), and Redskins (RG3). They'll have a chance to make moves and show they made the better ones...

...or just get put away repeatedly by teams who were able to get deals done when they weren't.

There are still some good QB's available to the Browns,either through the draft,or through free agency if they want to go that route. Besides,Matt Barkley & Landry Jones should be available for 2013.

There are still some good QB's available to the Browns,either through the draft,or through free agency if they want to go that route. Besides,Matt Barkley & Landry Jones should be available for 2013.

If they don't make moves this year after so many had their heart set on RG3, the factory of sadness is going to have problems filling seats with the promise of 'well if we're bad enough we'll have a shot at the next crop of rookie QBs in a year'

Fantasy Baseball?

Japanese game blacked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts