Phantom Recordings!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey guys just a quick question that maybe you can help me with... Today our HR24 stated doing something odd. It would start recording events yet nothing was recording if that makes sense. I rebooted the RCVR and it was fine, but my wife said it started recording phantom shows and would screw up timers for shows that were supposed to be recorded... Any ideas or is it a possible software glitch? CC

It does sound like some kind of software issue. Did you do a reset through the menu? That might straighten things out.

We had this too. My wife recorded an episode of Castle. It showed 2 recordings in the List instead of just one. Both at the same time and same channel. One of them had no minutes recorded. So she deleted it. And teh other one was completely blank. So we missed an episode.

I just rebooted the recvr with the orange button... Was fine for a bit, but like I say my wife said it started doing it again.... I have not looked this morning to see what it has done, but will give it a look here in a bit... we will keep ya updated... CC

Check your "Manage Recordings" under the To Do tab and see if these shows are scheduled to be recorded in the future, If so, Delete them from there, not sure how they got there, but check the To Do and see whats in there and go from there.

This used to be a fairly common event on my HR24. The recording would just be a black screen for the length of the show. The software upgrades over the last few months have ended this problem for me. I can't remember the last time it happened.

The most annoying part of this glitch was that it would happen for recordings that were going on as I was @ the tv. Seemed if I was going thru the To Do list or going back to live tv from a recorded event, this would trigger the recordings to just flake out. I'd still be able to see the programming Live but if I turned on the recording, nothing would be there. FP resetting the box fixed the empty recording for the future but it also erased from the list the empty recordings that had taken place.

Very glad to see that problem fixed.

Hey guys just a quick update... I did a reset through the onscreen menu and so far so good..... Atleast this was a simple fix... Thanks for the advice Jimbo and everbody else... CC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)