Phase III setup problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramcm7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Albany locals are finally here. Due to vegetation growth, I wanted a new location for the Phase III required for locals. "Not part of the deal. Replace dish at existing location only." said D*. Fine. I will do it myself. I think I have taken all necessary steps.

My problem is that my STB signal meter shows sporadic signal bursts: peaking in the 80's, then dropping down to zero, repeating two or three times a second or so. No signal obtainable on TP28 or 29 on either sat check (Spot beam not hitting Albany?) I am at a loss.

Three items of note:
1. I spray-painted the dish assembly (not LNBs) with a satin finish to blend in better with the house. I had read that a high gloss finish could cause problems.
2. I was using an RG-59 for the testing, not RG-6.
3. I did not ground the dish yet.

Any ideas?? :confused:

THe only reason I can see here is you did not peak the dish right, you need to set the skew, elelvation. then move dish slowly from left to right, the best way for you is have the tv and receiver close to the dish, go to the menu and change the dish type to oval dish then to the satellite pointing, to satellite 101 and TP 1, peak the sigal to the highest and switch the satellite and see other satellite like 110 and 119 do has signal, if not move dish to left side a bit, if no signal come in, reset your skew and try again.

SKsatellite is right, he is a great installer! The paint is not a problem, the RG59 should be replaced as soon as possible, but thats not the problem, and grounding is not the problem but HAS to be done. Make sure the mast is PLUMB near is no good, leave the bubble level in place when you put the dish on as the weight pulls it off plum, so you will have to recentre the bubble when you get the dish on, then set skew and elevation for your zip code, and if that dont work its a bad switch, or trees, good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts