Philips DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
I have a question my DVR does not have a power Off Button it is allways in Stand mode is that okay. I tested out the DVR and even recorded Forensic Files while i was watching the Basketball game the instant reply is awesome. :D

They don't turn off easily... You have to power them down through the on-screen menu, but then the device wouldn't be recording at all times like it's designed to do. Remember, it's a name based recording technology, so it's looking for shows to record for you 24 hours per day.

Glad to hear you like your DVR! Enjoy!

cr0mag said:
They don't turn off easily... You have to power them down through the on-screen menu, but then the device wouldn't be recording at all times like it's designed to do. Remember, it's a name based recording technology, so it's looking for shows to record for you 24 hours per day.

Glad to hear you like your DVR! Enjoy!

This info is inaccurate. When you place them in "Standby" all it does is power down the video outputs. The device will still record any scheduled recordings. There is no benefit to placing your receiver in standby. The only reason I ever do it is to turn the parental controls back on.

silversurfer said:
This info is inaccurate. When you place them in "Standby" all it does is power down the video outputs. The device will still record any scheduled recordings. There is no benefit to placing your receiver in standby. The only reason I ever do it is to turn the parental controls back on.

Thanks SS... did not know that the unit would still record when in standby. Either way, I can't really think of a reason to ever turn your DVR off.

The rec never turns off, you can restart the rec and put it in standby mode but i does not turn off ever! It is always on to record your shows, even in standby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts