Phoenix Voomers - Is you DMA cleaner now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Today I fired up the Voom box and noticed that the 2-1 / 7-1 / 9-1 are all gone. This is fine by me since they were just kind of an annoyance.

Shawn

It's wierd - I posted this and I went and checked the other boxes - only one of them is 'cleaned up'. The other two have all the channels. Wierd.

Shawn

I would love to get rid of the "empty" channels on my boxes too. To reboot, do I just turn it off and on, or unplug it?

I'm not sure what i did to clear 'em out. Just that one box has the 'clean' channel list. the other two still have 'em all.

Shawn

Ilya has not posted a new Super DMA release schedule for this week yet, but if you go by the patterns of last week's releases, the Phoenix AZ Super DMA should be released today or tomorrow. :)

I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I just figured out that under Voom --> Local Channels you can hide local channels. This will be good to Know if SuperDMA included Tucson channels that I can't see :). I know how I can get rid of 2 / 7 / 9 on the other boxes now :).

Shawn

Well, I had a weird problem on my recievers--I was getting FOX on Ch10 and Ch12. The tech had me rescan for OTA channels and that cleared up that problem. As for channels 2,7,9,etc.--I just hid them, and now, it's like they're not there!

I ain't complainin' [yet], but I have to admit that I'm still getting quite a few non-OTA channels that give me that "Call Voom to subscribe immediately" box, which, considering I am still in my first two months of the free Va-Va, has me a bit twitterpated. :(

Oh well, no even counting the enormous problems that must be going on, I'm still happy as a pig in sh!t with what I do get that I wouldn't even think of calling Voom on it for a long while yet...

The only ones I get that on are the two RSN channels and Playboy.

I have noticed that sometimes when changing channels quickly to say Showtime I'll get that message but if I channel up and then down it comes right up.

I have VaVaVoom.

Shawn95GT said:
I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I just figured out that under Voom --> Local Channels you can hide local channels. This will be good to Know if SuperDMA included Tucson channels that I can't see :). I know how I can get rid of 2 / 7 / 9 on the other boxes now :).

Shawn
Just hide them under the locals menu.

Funny thing is I live in PV with South Mountain being blocked by Camelback Mountain. Several months ago I used to get chanel 4-hD, all the 6's and 18-HD from Tuscon. Now all I get is 18 from Tuscon, plus all the Phoenix locals like 3, 5, 9, 10, 13 etc...

kfried001 said:
...plus all the Phoenix locals like 3, 5, 9, 10, 13 etc...
9 & 13? They are not local to Phoenix. You could be seeing 9.1 KGUN (ABC) and 13.1 KOLD (CBS) from Tucson. Before we got the Super DMA, our local lineup included 9-1 KCFG and 13-1 KFPH, but both are Flagstaff stations.

So what all local channels should we be getting now? Cause, for example, I thought I was getting something on 13, but I'm not getting anything on it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)