Phone Line and Connection Fee

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Currently, I am getting the monthly $5 credit for connecting a phone line onto the receiver during the past year.

My question is will Dish Network still be charging $5.00 (phone line fee) later on this year (all customers with phone line connection or not)???

Do we still need to connect the phone line onto the receivers? I got a duel tv receiver.

That credit will expire in August as far as I know...then there will be no savings. Each dual receiver (even SD) will run a whopping $14 a month (as opposed to $5 for SD and $7 for HD before).

Only reason to connect a phone line is to avoid the audit Nazis.

Is it going to be $14 even if you only have one receiver on your account like a 222K and it is the primary and only one? I own all my equipment and was thinking about buying a 222k to replace my 301, but if that is going to make my bill go up $14......

There is no receiver fee if you only have one on your account. Its 2 - 6 they screw you on.

Good to know, but with dish things are in constant flux so they will no doubt find a new way to screw ya even if you only have one duo! JMO

$14 cost too much unless it is an individual receiver for TV 3 and TV 4 ($7 each) with better picture quality. Most people got at least 3+ TVs.

Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want a 222 anymore. Much better to get all 211's. Same price, you get HD on all TV's.

Same price how do you figure? One 222 costs $120, two 211 cost $200 to buy and you would have the additional receiver fee.

For a primary, yeah, but for a secondary, there's no money saved (unless as you mentioned you're buying the receiver...although I'd pay $80 more to get HD on another TV).

I have a phone line connected and have never received a $5 credit????????

I wish they would have kept the phone line connection credits.

It used to be: 1st TV 1 = FREE, 1st TV 2 =$5, Phone Line Credit=-$5, 2nd TV 1 =$7, 2nd TV 2 =$5, Phone Line Credit=-$5
Therefore, the total was $7.

Now it is (since after 2/1 if I remember correctly): 1st Duo=FREE, 2nd Duo=$14
Total is now $14 (a $7 increase if you look at the total before with credits)

Right now there is a $5 credit until the 6 months runs out for those who had their boxes connected to phone lines before 2/1. However, some are reporting still seeing the $5 charge for not having a phone line connected. I am not sure why.

Last edited:
The only way around the $5.00 no connection fee is to downgrade to 211ks as your second or third receiver. These receivers do not have the $5.00 phone connection fee or the dvr fee added to their cost like the 622/722/722k dvrs to as your additional receivers. I have a 922 and two 211k receivers with dvr software. I only pay $14.00 for my two additional receivers- 2 x7.00=14.00.

I wish they would have kept the phone line connection credits.

It used to be: 1st TV 1 = FREE, 1st TV 2 =$5, Phone Line Credit=-$5, 2nd TV 1 =$7, 2nd TV 2 =$5, Phone Line Credit=-$5
Therefore, the total was $7.

Now it is (since after 2/1 if I remember correctly): 1st Duo=FREE, 2nd Duo=$14
Total is now $14 (a $7 increase if you look at the total before with credits)

Right now there is a $5 credit until the 6 months runs out for those who had their boxes connected to phone lines before 2/1. However, some are reporting still seeing the $5 charge for not having a phone line connected. I am not sure why.

Or a $9 increase for 322's (TV1 was $5).

The only way around the $5.00 no connection fee is to downgrade to 211ks as your second or third receiver. These receivers do not have the $5.00 phone connection fee or the dvr fee added to their cost like the 622/722/722k dvrs to as your additional receivers. I have a 922 and two 211k receivers with dvr software. I only pay $14.00 for my two additional receivers- 2 x7.00=14.00.

Not true. You just need to talk to a CSR and sign up for autopay and paperless billing and they will remove the $5.00 tv2 connection fee(s) on your account. I did it with success on mine with my second 322. You can cancel the autopay and paperless billing soon after you sign up for it and the fee will still be gone.

This thread was helpful.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/205724-tv2-connection-fee-question.html

Last edited:
I am talking about the Built in tv 2 connection fee in the additional receiver cost. If you add an extra dvr like the 622/722/722k , you will see the cost built in. For example on all additional receiver fees:

Duo receiver : Additional receiver fee $5.00 + Tv2 connection fee $5.00 =$14.00 a month .

Hd Duo receiver: Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connection fee $5.00 =$14.00 a month.

Duo dvr : Additional receiver fee $5.00 + Tv 2 connection fee $5.00 + Dvr service fee $5.98= $17.00 a month.

Hd Duo dvr : Additional receiver fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connection fee +Dvr service fee $5.98 = $17.00 a month.

You see you really don't escape them because they are built in and hidden now in the cost. This information came from a retailer chat a few months back last February after the first price hike on all additional receivers. Now the solo , Hd solo , Solo dvr and Hd solo dvr do not have any hidden tv 2 connection fee at all. But the Solo dvr and Hd solo dvr do have the extra Dvr service fee of $5.98 hidden in their additional receiver fee at $10.00 a month each.

Oh gotcha. It's BS though that Dish is charging people an extra $5 a month for duo receivers not connected to the phone line when that charge is built in the receiver fee.

I have a duo dvr 722, paperless billing/autopay, and was still paying the $5 tv connection 2 fee until I happened to be talking to a csr about a programming fee and mentioned this fee. They removed it. I wish they had done this by themselves months ago...

:confused: All right.... I have a 222 and a 211. I have paperless and auto billing. No phone line connected. My statement shows a $5.00 TV2 receiver connection and a $7.00 HD Solo receiver fee. Are these correct or should I ask for the TV2 fee to be removed?

Yes, you should ask them to remove it for good. There is no more stand alone Tv2 connection fee. Just the one hidden in the additional receiver fees that I outlined in post #15.

I am leasing a HD DVR dual tuner (722), I own a 322 dual tuner, and now I am buying a 211 HD receiver for a total of three receivers, but 5 tuners. What SHOULD my fees be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)