Phone Line and Connection Fee

:confused: All right.... I have a 222 and a 211. I have paperless and auto billing. No phone line connected. My statement shows a $5.00 TV2 receiver connection and a $7.00 HD Solo receiver fee. Are these correct or should I ask for the TV2 fee to be removed?

Your billing is actually correct. If you want the TV2 fee to go away you will need to hook the phone line back up.

It all depends on the promotion you signed up with. When you signed up the promotion was if you hooked a phone line or internet connection the receiver the TV2 fee would be waived. You are still being held to those rules.

If anyone signs up now the promotion is different. The first receiver is included in the programming price and it doesn't matter if a phone line is hooked up.

This is what I was told by Dish and our sales rep from Dish.

Your billing is actually correct. If you want the TV2 fee to go away you will need to hook the phone line back up.

It all depends on the promotion you signed up with. When you signed up the promotion was if you hooked a phone line or internet connection the receiver the TV2 fee would be waived. You are still being held to those rules.

If anyone signs up now the promotion is different. The first receiver is included in the programming price and it doesn't matter if a phone line is hooked up.

This is what I was told by Dish and our sales rep from Dish.

After seeing this thread I contacted Dish. I was told it would be removed from my next bill. I have paperless billing and Auto Pay, so that may be the reason. I've never been hooked to a phone line.

Internet connection

I don't have home phones, but I have highspeed internet of course. Is there a way to connect my receivers to a wireless network in my home?
I'm not going to run cat5 cable or USB from my router to all of these receivers.

You could use a wireless bridge to connect your 722 to your network if you have a wireless router. This would eliminate running wires.

Connection fee?

I called csr and asked if the TV connection fee was embedded in the $17.00 HD Duo DVR receiver that I have. I have two 722s. The second one is charged $17.00. Both receivers are connected to the phone line. His reply was that the $17.00 was the charge and there was no connection fee embedded inside the extra fee.

You could use a wireless bridge to connect your 722 to your network if you have a wireless router. This would eliminate running wires.

So plug in a linksys type reciever for my wireless network?
Plug into the USB on the back of the receiver and it will find the wireless network? no software to install on the 722?

So plug in a linksys type reciever for my wireless network?
Plug into the USB on the back of the receiver and it will find the wireless network? no software to install on the 722?

Are you getting the $5 TV2 connection fee or do you want it hooked up for PPV?

If you're worried about the connection fee I wouldn't even bother hooking it up to the net. A bridge is gonna cost you at least $50. You can just talk to a CSR and tell them you want the connection fee removed (you'll have to sign up for autopay and paperless).

If you don't want autopay and paperless just go back and change it when you're done talking to the CSR and the fee won't come back.

And I don't think a USB network adapter will work, you'll have to use one that hooks up to ethernet I think.

I don't think USB ethernet adapters work. I thought the 722 had an ethernet port. If so, ethernet cable to ethernet bridge like a Linksys WET610n ( but others should work. I have heard the bridge maker should match the one for your router for best results.)

I called csr and asked if the TV connection fee was embedded in the $17.00 HD Duo DVR receiver that I have. I have two 722s. The second one is charged $17.00. Both receivers are connected to the phone line. His reply was that the $17.00 was the charge and there was no connection fee embedded inside the extra fee.

He might say that, but the DISH retailer chat they put out after last February's additional receiver fee increases, did show what you got for your extra 14.00 -17.00 a month per additional receiver.

DUO Recevier- Add'l rec fee $5.00 + Tv 2 connect fee $5.00= $14.00.

HD Duo Receiver- Add'l rec fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connect fee $5.00 =$14.00.

Duo Dvr Receiver- Add'l rec fee $5.00 + Tv2 connect fee $5.00 + dvr service fee $5.98 =$17.00.

Duo Dvr Receiver- Add'l rec fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connect fee $5.00 + Dvr service fee $5.98= $17.00.

He might say that, but the DISH retailer chat they put out after last February's additional receiver fee increases, did show what you got for your extra 14.00 -17.00 a month per additional receiver.

Duo Dvr Receiver- Add'l rec fee $5.00 + Tv2 connect fee $5.00 + dvr service fee $5.98 =$17.00.

Duo Dvr Receiver- Add'l rec fee $7.00 + Tv 2 connect fee $5.00 + Dvr service fee $5.98= $17.00.

It would be nice if they brought back the $5.00 credits. $9 for an extra duo receiver would be better than $14. Anything to offset the fees would be nice.

If the fee is embedded, and if the connection is connected, why a fee? Would this be the reasoning when I call?

If the fee is embedded, and if the connection is connected, why a fee? Would this be the reasoning when I call?

I would not call about the embedded fees to get them removed , as they are unavoidable if you sub to those receivers. But if you are being charged a stand alone TV 2 connection fee for $5.00 , YES, I would call and Demand them to drop that separate fee , because they are not supposed to charge them any more as a stand alone fee, whether you are connected to a phone line or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)