PHONE LINES

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Multiman09

Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Michigan
i install in the lower in the lower part of michigan and was wondering if anyone else has been getting a hard time from there sups about phone line numbers? i understand that we are required by DTV to hook up phone lines but its getting to the point that if we dont hook up 35% we get the boot. when everyone in my area is going to only cell thats a hard number to reach.... well not ungodly but still....

also has anyone heard that if you get one phone line on a SWM that it will count for all of them???

thanks... be safe on those roofs:up

Jason

This is a sore point with DirecTV installers as the phone line isn't needed any longer, yet DirecTV still requires it.

I'm sure other installers here will soon reply. :)

i install in the lower in the lower part of michigan and was wondering if anyone else has been getting a hard time from there sups about phone line numbers? i understand that we are required by DTV to hook up phone lines but its getting to the point that if we dont hook up 35% we get the boot. when everyone in my area is going to only cell thats a hard number to reach.... well not ungodly but still....

also has anyone heard that if you get one phone line on a SWM that it will count for all of them???

thanks... be safe on those roofs:up

Jason

What part of Michigan are you in and what company do you install for?

You should go to the installer zone.

.......walk out!

While any judge in the world would just laugh at the requirement to connect lines to nonexistant phone customers........... remember the bunker orders of MR. Hitler..........you gotta walk!

........ them!

The world is large and Directv managers are small

DISH is there.

Good luck!

Joe
l

Last edited:
.......walk out!

While any judge in the world would just laugh at the requirement to connect lines to nonexistant phone customers........... remember the bunker orders of MR. Hitler..........you gotta walk!

........ them!

The world is large and Directv managers are small

DISH is there.

Good luck!

Joe
l

DISH requires a phone line or you get a nag every day, unless that has changed by now.

oh man.. another phone line thread.

since when is phone like required? what for?

its just a direction they want us to do to see if we are doing what we are suppose to do.

your pay affects how many you hook up.

they told me the same thing about bringing up my numbers. Ive told him a few new homes that are cheap built and dont have phone jacks but the cables are prewired. my manager said he would defend me that 1% of the new homes that dont have th phone line service installed outside yet if i didnt hook it up.. my sup sent me an email how they check to see if that number is a landline or cell... neat.. do i care? no. ive been off an on hooking phone lines if theres a jack already there, i will hook in, if not, screw it.. been doing that since 3 years and im still here.

its just a scare tatic to make you do it.

by future, most people will go cell phones except businesses. I had 4 installs last monday and all 4 houses were cell account. my sup didnt believe me, i told him to email me if he found a landline service on those 4 jobs.. i never got one back from him.

oh man.. another phone line thread.

since when is phone like required? what for?

its just a direction they want us to do to see if we are doing what we are suppose to do.

your pay affects how many you hook up.

they told me the same thing about bringing up my numbers. Ive told him a few new homes that are cheap built and dont have phone jacks but the cables are prewired. my manager said he would defend me that 1% of the new homes that dont have th phone line service installed outside yet if i didnt hook it up.. my sup sent me an email how they check to see if that number is a landline or cell... neat.. do i care? no. ive been off an on hooking phone lines if theres a jack already there, i will hook in, if not, screw it.. been doing that since 3 years and im still here.

its just a scare tatic to make you do it.

by future, most people will go cell phones except businesses. I had 4 installs last monday and all 4 houses were cell account. my sup didnt believe me, i told him to email me if he found a landline service on those 4 jobs.. i never got one back from him.

As you said,

BRING UP YOUR NUMBERS!

I got it a different way interviewing for work through DirectSatUSA...Philly, PA.

The contractor they directed me to "..had just run out of contract forms..lets get going and let the paper catch up..." Then he (Bill Major of Emerald Cabling and Satellite in Baltimore, MD ) showed me a letter on a board from a DirectSatUSA dude to warn that phone connections are part of the standard installation and anyone who falls below a certain level will be p[aid at a lower level.

So I said....include that crap in the contract you are going to send.........it didn't end well........I have a judgment for $4000.00 + and can't find the contractor....DirectSat USA seems ok ......to be too busy to look up lost boxes and phone connections.
WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?

Joe

oh i know its paid by the phone hook up if you ask me. dont hook it up, you get paid less. wait i thought we were hooking satellite... not phone services.

theres three, i believe, levels of pay.

DISH requires a phone line or you get a nag every day, unless that has changed by now.

At least DISH presents a united front.

They ding the customer $5.00 per month if the box is not connected. I got the impression DISH uses the phone for some level of diagnostic service on the boxes.
Any DISH dudes out there?

I've just watched this phone thing bounce around in different forms for so long I have lost all respect for the entities that offer the work. You know how it upsets the kids when the adults in the room seem to be crazy.

Joe

ive had customers dont want phon lines hooked in their kids room for adult ppv reasons. i dont hook it up for that.. but my TL said to get them to learn to use Parental and still want us to hook the phone lines anyways even in the teen's room.

The supervisors have no respect for the customer's wish?

They ding the customer $5.00 per month if the box is not connected. I got the impression DISH uses the phone for some level of diagnostic service on the boxes.

I've just watched this phone thing bounce around in different forms for so long I have lost all respect for the entities that offer the work. You know how it upsets the kids when the adults in the room seem to be crazy.

Joe

I have digital phone (via my internet provider). I've always been told that digital phone can't be hooked up to D* receivers ............ if they decided to start dinging me $5/month because their box doesn't support what in my opinion is a superior phone technology I'd have to tell them to stick their slow HR22 up their *** & head to Fios.

I have digital phone (via my internet provider). I've always been told that digital phone can't be hooked up to D* receivers ............ if they decided to start dinging me $5/month because their box doesn't support what in my opinion is a superior phone technology I'd have to tell them to stick their slow HR22 up their *** & head to Fios.

i think the whole thing is about dish network and nothing of D*... i dunno. as far as i know this topic now is about E*

How would you feel if some new guy DTV tech said you have to connect the POTS wire to the receiver or it will blow up or catch fire? That was a plan for a while in a FL HSP until the techs blabbed to the local evening news.

Silly people!

Joe

Last edited:
I only got upset about the phone line bit, when I ask the tech to do it and he blew me off.

I had 3 total wireless jacks authorized on my work order do to rules for employee accounts and they never installed them. and I still dont have them mastec never did finish there invesigation. lol

I only got upset about the phone line bit, when I ask the tech to do it and he blew me off.

I had 3 total wireless jacks authorized on my work order do to rules for employee accounts and they never installed them. and I still dont have them mastec never did finish there invesigation. lol

our warehouse doesnt have any and still waiting for them to show up...

thank god i still got some left over from my HSP job.

i think warehouse screws us more than we screw customers.

im missing International dish (suppose to have one on hand at all times)

Zip ties.. warehouse response, "we dont have any"

Dielectric, warehouse response "we no longer carry them"

SWM lnbs warehouse response, " you got abunch of H20s, you wont need them for that. you are not getting any" (I SWEAR HE SAID THAT and i reported this to the manager and he flipped out and told me he'd take care of that little snot)

Poles Warehouse response " oh sorry, i forgot."

SL3 lnbs warehouse response "oh sorry, i will get that for you. youc an pick them up." IM FRIGGIN 232 MILES AWAY!!?? and you forgot to put it in?

its amazing how warehouse can screw us up especially when the office hounds us about phone lines. if we cant get what we need fom the ware house like wireless phone jacks.. i cant bring my numbers up.

are you drinking?

Not tonight....true story...an isolated example but a MASTEC office in FL told the techs to make customers connect the lines or risk a fire hazard. It has to be true...it was on TV.

Joe

I'll see if I can find it.

Joe

Personally, I wish the cable and sat companies would stay out our phone stuff in the first place.
I'm not going into the sat business and setting up dishes while I'm at work for the phone company.
I'm not hooking up peoples Cable when doing my phone work ....

Your HR22 is a DIRECTV recvr., Directv does NOT charge you for not having a phone line hooked up.
Two different issues here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts