Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looking for a DTV Installer

Looking for a DTV Installer to install dish with 5 IRDs thanks

Looking for a DTV Installer to install dish with 5 IRDs thanks

You need to give a little more information:

What state, town & zip code?

Do you have a directv account now?

Why this irregulay route for an installation?

Joe

The new boxes can use the internet

I've been with DirecTV since the early 90's, I had phone lines run to most of my IRD's and for the others I did the "stonecold" trick and ran a long phone cord to them once a month.

I dropped my landline phone this year and went cell only :). I emailed DirecTv about hooking my H21's and H23 to the internet so they could "call home" and got this reply:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (XXXXXX X. - 1002XXXXX) - 09/10/2009
Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing. I understand you recently disconnected your phone line connection. To receive the full benefits of your DIRECTV System (pay per view purchases via remote control/sports subscription auto-renewal), the receiver must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line, which means that both the phone and the receiver must have a fixed location. Unfortunately, a cell phone does not meet either of these criteria because it is mobile and usually not left on at all times.

However, you may still order DIRECTV Cinemas or pay per view events online. To do this, just sign in to your account at directv.com/movies or directv.com/events (or register if you haven't already), click on the "Order Now" button next to the movie you'd like to order and follow the instructions to complete your purchase.

You can also order DIRECTV Cinema and pay per view events through our automated phone system by calling 1-800-531-5000 and selecting the option to "Order pay per view movies and events" ($1.50 phone fee applies when using automated system). You can also order your pay per view movie or event directly from a Customer Service Representative, but a $5.00 order assistance fee may apply.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX X.
Employee ID 1002XXXXX
DIRECTV Customer Service

So..... Can the boxes be hooked to the internet? she never answered my question....:confused:

if you plug them in to your net connection they will call home via internet automatically. That is how most of mine do it now. just a r15 and a d11 left that do it via phone.

Phone Line

Hello all,

While I understand the phone line situation with Directv. I have 4 receivers. The main receiver is connected to a telephone line. Can DTV detect if all 4 are connected? If they can; How can they determine this? When I called to activate the fourth receiver the customer rep asked if the receiver is connected I told them yes. But can they know if I did not tell them? A friend once told me that DTV can ascertain this in any of two ways.

(1) YOU HAVE NOT ORDERED PAYPER VIEW WITH YOUR REMOTE
(2) YOUR RECEIVER HAS NOT DOWNLOADED UPDATES.

Thanks

While I understand the phone line situation with Directv. I have 4 receivers. The main receiver is connected to a telephone line. Can DTV detect if all 4 are connected? If they can; How can they determine this? When I called to activate the fourth receiver the customer rep asked if the receiver is connected I told them yes. But can they know if I did not tell them? A friend once told me that DTV can ascertain this in any of two ways.
(1) YOU HAVE NOT ORDERED PAYPER VIEW WITH YOUR REMOTE
(2) YOUR RECEIVER HAS NOT DOWNLOADED UPDATES.

The receiver will download updates whether it's hooked up to a phone line or not.

My H23 has never been hooked to a phone line and it has downloaded updates. DirecTV knows if your receiver is hooked to a phone line because it will "call home" to DirecTV if it is. This normally happens in the early morning hours.
Years ago when I had phone line 56k internet, the receivers would try to call DirecTV around 2AM and knock me off the internet.

DirecTV seems to have really slacked off on the phone line requirement. 10 years ago I knew of ppl who had service discontinued to receivers not hooked to phone lines which had not "called home" in three months or so. Now I know of ppl with 6-8 receivers with none of them hooked to phone lines with no issues.

Hope this helps

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)