PHONE LINES

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
gotcha, but it's not that way for most, right ?

for inhouse? suppose to be same but the pay is different. like tgoace gets his 34 for a service call, i get 18.71 for a SVC.

pay is different from what i see state to state.

if i was a contractor, id have to pay for everything and they do pay more for jobs so i can pay for gas.

So if it part of the standard install and you get dinged for not doing it has it been almost a year from my orginal install and I still dont have phones lines hooked up to my boxes I wanted and were on my orginal work order. Which annoyed me as the tech said he sintalled them and he didnt. @$$##@$%#@2 mastec piece of @$#$!!@1@

So if it part of the standard install and you get dinged for not doing it has it been almost a year from my orginal install and I still dont have phones lines hooked up to my boxes I wanted and were on my orginal work order. Which annoyed me as the tech said he sintalled them and he didnt. @$$##@$%#@2 mastec piece of @$#$!!@1@

you on edge tonight?

you seem stressed out tonight.

i mean you just fingerpointed at MasTec.

well if you go back about a year... I did not have a very good intial install with Mastec, they handle all the business where I live.

I had two that cant even speak english . MasTec I find to a company where there big where the techs care a little but not much. So things still get done half assed.

I will not even show you how my zinwell 6x8 is mountd to the wall it is embarassing lol. All happened while I was sick so I was not in a great mood.

MY personal opinion is that Mastech where i live is a bunch of idiots and I wish they stop sintalling directv down here.

P.S.

When I have to stretch a 50 foot phone cord to 3 different rooms because because I have to have my all my boxes call back home to the mothership due to dtv employee accounts rules yeah it annoys me. I do it once a month break aout the cored sretch it to the various boxes while on my cell sneding request for call backs on all my boxes one at a time.

So yeah the phone cord thing hits a nerve

As it not only customer who dont want / need / use a phone line not getting hooked up per installer policy but customers who do want the line run get screwed over by techs who dont wantto do the work aparently. If you have to meet a qutoa you might as well hook me up lol

I am just going to have to replace my zinwell with a Swm8 and when I actually replace them with swm boxes. So I only have to have one box call home for me for all the others ones. But till then mastec will be on my hit list.

P.S.

When I have to stretch a 50 foot phone cord to 3 different rooms because because I have to have my all my boxes call back home to the mothership due to dtv employee accounts rules yeah it annoys me. I do it once a month break aout the cored sretch it to the various boxes while on my cell sneding request for call backs on all my boxes one at a time.

So yeah the phone cord thing hits a nerve

As it not only customer who dont want / need / use a phone line not getting hooked up per installer policy but customers who do want the line run get screwed over by techs who dont wantto do the work aparently. If you have to meet a qutoa you might as well hook me up lol

I am just going to have to replace my zinwell with a Swm8 and when I actually replace them with swm boxes. So I only have to have one box call home for me for all the others ones. But till then mastec will be on my hit list.

What is D*'s problem with this.
Don't they realize many people don't use landlines anymore.
I would tell them you use only a cell from this point forward.
What advantage is there for D* to have people using landlines anyways other than checking the AC ?

What is D*'s problem with this.
Don't they realize many people don't use landlines anymore.
I would tell them you use only a cell from this point forward.
What advantage is there for D* to have people using landlines anyways other than checking the AC ?
The new boxes can use the internet.

I know, so what is D* fetish with the phone lines ?
The ONLY boxes that need the phone lines anymore are tose with OLD Tivo boxes still.

Jimbo for me it is a requirement of Employee accounts. If you have 2 boxes they dont need to call home. If it is more then 2 they all have to phone home once a month or dtv will disable the box. It is to prevent account sharing considering that DTV gives employees pretty much everything for free Premier + mlb +nfl+sf+nhl and I think nba but I have not confirmed that one yet. So they are nice to employees in that sense. that is why I had to give up my tivo as the phone modem died on it. Which really was not a big deal as new software for that tivo was never comming out again.

Though I drop my landline a while ago and for the call back to D* magicjack works great.

Jimbo for me it is a requirement of Employee accounts. If you have 2 boxes they dont need to call home. If it is more then 2 they all have to phone home once a month or dtv will disable the box. It is to prevent account sharing considering that DTV gives employees pretty much everything for free Premier + mlb +nfl+sf+nhl and I think nba but I have not confirmed that one yet. So they are nice to employees in that sense. that is why I had to give up my tivo as the phone modem died on it. Which really was not a big deal as new software for that tivo was never comming out again.

Though I drop my landline a while ago and for the call back to D* magicjack works great.

Yah i got employee package as well. but the ONLY one that is hooked up to a phone line is the HDDVR and the other 2 HD recievers arent. I havent been bugged about it and no im not on a SWM setup.

However, i did shut down my landline last week bc i use the phone like once every other week and im paying 30.00 a month. Majority of my calls come on my personal phone or Cell. All my work orders come VIA email so i dont need a fax machine. landline. pointless.

i do have wireless phone jacks but i might have to try that Magicjack from my net for the recievers.

Yah i got employee package as well. but the ONLY one that is hooked up to a phone line is the HDDVR and the other 2 HD recievers arent. I havent been bugged about it and no im not on a SWM setup.

However, i did shut down my landline last week bc i use the phone like once every other week and im paying 30.00 a month. Majority of my calls come on my personal phone or Cell. All my work orders come VIA email so i dont need a fax machine. landline. pointless.

i do have wireless phone jacks but i might have to try that Magicjack from my net for the recievers.

As long as you have a good net connection your fine. The wireless jacks help magic jack do its low REN value. So how I have one setup working is magic jack to wireless jack - main base to 1 other room where I wanted a phone connection working. worked just fine.

I might wnave to reset magic jack one a month pull it out of the usb slot and plug it back in.

also i use it on a old spare laptop that has a bad screen that i use for media center box in one of my rooms ( hulu, ninjavideo , etc )

I can see it in your instance, but what is thier excuse for others.
Particularly if they are connected thru the internet.

Personally, I like being able to see my phone on the TV when it works, so I don't mind it.

As for your situation, are you asking them to play the $ 30 p/m to you that a normal phone line would cost ? :D

What the heck ....

I guess I remember the old days with all of this phone line issue. In '99 when I signed up with DTV, the homeowner needed to have a phone line available at the location where the DTV box would be installed. So I ran my own phone line extensions in my house a couple of weeks before the installer got to the house. I remember trying those plug-in wireless phone jacks (that use the house AC lines for transmission) at the time and, in my house, they didn't work. So I ran the old-fashioned wires to the locations.

I guess I remember the old days with all of this phone line issue. In '99 when I signed up with DTV, the homeowner needed to have a phone line available at the location where the DTV box would be installed. So I ran my own phone line extensions in my house a couple of weeks before the installer got to the house. I remember trying those plug-in wireless phone jacks (that use the house AC lines for transmission) at the time and, in my house, they didn't work. So I ran the old-fashioned wires to the locations.

Back in the day, they had a need to that type of thing, but not in this day and age !

Back in the day, they had a need to that type of thing, but not in this day and age !

So there's another kind of wireless phone jack available? I haven't kept up with the technology since I have my phone lines set up for DTV with the wired jacks.

So there's another kind of wireless phone jack available? I haven't kept up with the technology since I have my phone lines set up for DTV with the wired jacks.

I know they have wireless jacks, have never used them though, but I'm sure someone here will let you know if they work now, technology has come a long ways.
Personally, I would not feel comfortable plugging it into an electrical outlet .....

I am surprise that the D* stuff works thru the Magic Jack as Stonecold mentioned.

I know they have wireless jacks, have never used them though, but I'm sure someone here will let you know if they work now, technology has come a long ways.
Personally, I would not feel comfortable plugging it into an electrical outlet .....

I am surprise that the D* stuff works thru the Magic Jack as Stonecold mentioned.

Yeah, I remember when those "AC transmission" wireless jacks were big news. They were "hit and miss" depending on how the house was wired during construction. They worked at my parent's house when I bought them their DTV system but they only worked in a couple of AC plug locations. I ended up running a wired phone jack to their boxes. Old fanshioned, but they work well.

I can see it in your instance, but what is thier excuse for others.
Particularly if they are connected thru the internet.

Personally, I like being able to see my phone on the TV when it works, so I don't mind it.

As for your situation, are you asking them to play the $ 30 p/m to you that a normal phone line would cost ? :D

What the heck ....

No when I was installed I had verizon landline. Employee accounts authorized free wireless jacks do it the employee account rules. Installer never installed them.

So now I droped verizon and went to magic jack on a laptop and i I just got to each box plug in and call employee accounts to send a signal for the box to call back.

Yeah we send only a small bit of info when the box calls out. Only tivos are an issue. Now direct does not support that setup ( magic jack or any other voip ) offically but unoffically it seems to work.

Yeah, I remember when those "AC transmission" wireless jacks were big news. They were "hit and miss" depending on how the house was wired during construction. They worked at my parent's house when I bought them their DTV system but they only worked in a couple of AC plug locations. I ended up running a wired phone jack to their boxes. Old fanshioned, but they work well.

they have gotten better . They use a form of home plug to make them work. Better but can still be a pain at time depending on the setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)