Photos from Team Summit 2005!

If they could end up with ONLY TWO receivers to support (a DVR and a non-DVR - maybe only ONE actual receiver, non-DVR = DVR without hard drive), once everything else is obsolete, maybe the software developers can keep things under control. That would be a "Good Thing". Then, the only thing that differentiates the different models is the existence of and how big the hard drive is, and they can all run the same software.

I do wish they'd give us the choice of "Silver" or "Black" though.

yanks2402 said:
What a day...all this news! :D
Yup what a great day for SatelliteGuys. :)

Today I believe is our proudest moment. :D

No other site had any mention of this, again we broke this news on Monday in our Pub area. :)

Other sites claim to be news sites but they wait for SatelliteGuys to post the news first, then then "re-port" it. :D

411...422....962 receivers are all with MPEG4 will be replacing stock receivers ..... all with VOD and dish is talking WIRLESS as of the morning meeting at TEAM SUMMIT.

411 = 1 tuner 1 output / room
422 = 2 tunner 2 out/room (like the 322)?
962 = MPEG4 version of 942?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup what a great day for SatelliteGuys. :)

Today I believe is our proudest moment. :D

No other site had any mention of this, again we broke this news on Monday in our Pub area. :)

Other sites claim to be news sites but they wait for SatelliteGuys to post the news first, then then "re-port" it. :D

Congratulations Scott! Great scoop and perfect timing with V* DBS going away. Wow, over 600 in the forum, we haven't had this much excitement in a long time! :shocked

NightRyder

As to the Satellite Chart, EchoStar 6 is at 110 and will not be leaving soon. Echostar 8 cannot maintain all 29 transponders there. When EchoStar 10 gets there, one might see a change in EchoStar 6.

EchoStar 5 may leave 119 and go to 129.

gpflepsen said:
In the diagram of the orbital slots in http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=4040 are the satellites listed backwards, that is transposed left-to-right?

I would think a diagram of the orbitals would be from the perspective of the North Pole. It just seems "backwards" to me.

Mentally overlay a map of the US on top of that and I think you'll get the way they were thinking of it.

LASooner said:
Mentally overlay a map of the US on top of that and I think you'll get the way they were thinking of it.

I know it's all perspective, it just looks goofy to me on first glance. You should be able to overlay a star-map behind the birds. :D

Yes the 962 would be the DVR people use regardless if they have HD or not.

The same thing for the 411, it will be used for single tuner setups regardless if you have HD or not.

It's to future proof the growth of HD and the time when locals will start to be converted from analog to digital (HD) remember (hopefully) analog broadcasting OTA wont be around must longer, so dish has to have a plan to continue sending customers their locals

I guess for the first time we can say that they are planning for the future. Like someone else said, with less receivers maybe they will have better software and better support.

DirecTV is also working on a wireless solution as well based on 802.11N

All of the new 2006 receivers will be HD. There will be no more SD only recievers.

Way to go dish is what I say!

In what way(s) are they planning on going wireless? :what

Will they be connecting the stb to the net like SBC & Verizon are planning to do with their boxes for more interactive services than what they currently have with opentv?