pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nope, it's a no-name from Slumberland. The cloth is microfiber, which is easy to clean, which is exactly what you need when you have a two-year-old in the house.

Not much in the "Farm Report " thread lately, so I'll post an update; two recent replacements for me. An old Muzak dish pointed at 103W ku, and a Channel Master on an AJAK for the HTPC. So with the Winegard I'm at three total dishes.
718 005.JPG 718 001.JPG

Good evening all. Excellent work Magic Static. And the squirrel-/or that for an animal / manual or is casual has decided to run about on wires.?
Ðнт ам-+ белка.jpg

Good evening all. Excellent work Magic Static. And the squirrel-/or that for an animal / manual or is casual has decided to run about on wires.?
View attachment 89493
The squirrel is house hunting. But he's hunting for his old house instead of a new one like he should. The old house went through a chipper about 8 hours earlier.
Here is the "before displaced squirrels" picture716 013.JPG

Fla Dish Farm

The beginning of the new Dish Farm!
The first picture shows the 10ft Sami on the left and almost 6ft Unimesh on the right fixed on AMC-8.
The 2nd picture shows the boat shrink wrap covering the feeds and in the distance the 12ft Noaaport dish aimed at SES-1.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 355
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 284
The first picture shows the 10ft Sami on the left and almost 6ft Unimesh on the right fixed on AMC-8.
The 2nd picture shows the boat shrink wrap covering the feeds and in the distance the 12ft Noaaport dish aimed at SES-1.

Nice farm! How does the same signal compare between the 12' and 10' dish? I'm curious how much better the 12' performs over the 10'er. Does the 10' miss anything the 12 can grab?

I couldn't lock the Noaaport signal on the 10ft but the ME-TV using a MicroHD is showing S90 Q71 on the 10FT & on the 12FT the same S90 Q71. I don't believe for regular TV watching you would much difference unless looking at the signal with Spec An & both dishes are tuned perfectly!

Nice C-Band farm! I need to start one of those.

Well a guy can't have too many dishes, right? And I have this 1.2M Channel Master doing nothing....Time for some fun. I pulled out the temp stand, mounted the dish and put an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF on it. I really like the way my 3M Channel Master with the Bullseye works on Ku. But how does it stack up against this 1.2M ?
I'll be doing some Ku feed hunting soon and we shall see. The 1.2m should beat it but will the BUD be adequate anyway? I'll soon know first hand :)
817 016.JPG

Four dishes up for awhile now. A current map of my layout so I don't get lost.
817 018.JPG

Attachments

• SatDiagram.png
    SatDiagram.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 266
  • SatDiagram.jpg
    SatDiagram.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 250
my Channel Master 3.0 meter prime focus

Attachments

• Photo0496.jpg
    Photo0496.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Photo0486.jpg
    Photo0486.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Photo0487.jpg
    Photo0487.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Photo0488.jpg
    Photo0488.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Photo0489.jpg
    Photo0489.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 292
  • Photo0494.jpg
    Photo0494.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 258
  • Photo0495.jpg
    Photo0495.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Photo0497.jpg
    Photo0497.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 253
  • Photo0498.jpg
    Photo0498.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 240
  • Photo0499.jpg
    Photo0499.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Photo0500.jpg
    Photo0500.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 250
Common misconception. Above 45-50 MPH wind speed, a mesh dish has the same wind load as a solid. While mesh dishes allow wind to pass through at low speeds, at hurricane force, the mesh dish will have the same wind load as a solid.

Common misconception. Above 45-50 MPH wind speed, a mesh dish has the same wind load as a solid. While mesh dishes allow wind to pass through at low speeds, at hurricane force, the mesh dish will have the same wind load as a solid.

And, the mounts I've seen for some mesh dishes look minimal. An example is my 12' Unimesh. Absolutely wimpy compared to the 8' Channelmaster fiberglass.

My mesh dishes - which is all I had - survived the wind just fine, until the wind pulled the mast and concrete clear out of the ground and took the whole thing 150 feet across the property. Hmm, thats where they all stopped! Maybe I should plant them there. ..?..

Best thing to do, if really big winds are expected, is what NASA and the radio astronomy telescopes do. Expose the minimum surface area to the wind. Aiming it straight up accomplishes this. And it's good for any wind direction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)